Google on Wednesday revealed Mercy, Tacha Tasha, Mike Ike and Seyi were the most searched Big Brother Naija Season 4 contestants on the Google search.
Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade, Google West Africa Regional Communication and Public Relations Manager, said that while the housemates struggle for the grand prize of N60 million, fans have been scouring the net to find out more about their favourite contestants.
Eight weeks in, 26 housemates and 12 evictions later, it looks like the most-searched housemates were giving the other contestants a run for their money, says Kola-Ogunlade in a statement.
”According to Google Search, they are five top trending Big Brother Naija 2019: Pepper Dem housemates since the commencement of the competition on 30 June 2019.
”The list is based on top search performance on Google.
‘The fourth season of Big Brother Naija, known as “Big Brother Naija 2019: Pepper Dem”, has taken Nigeria by storm,” he said.
He said that the search were as follows: Mercy, a 26-year-old video vixen and businesswoman based in Lagos loves cooking, swimming, travelling and dancing.
Her on-screen relationship with fellow contestant Ike, as well as her fashion sense and good looks, keep Big Brother Naija fans wanting more and searching for her online.
Kola-Ogunlade said that Mercy is the most-searched Big Brother Naija 2019: Pepper Dem contestant on Google.
Following closely is Tasha, who hails from Rivers State; this 23-year-old social media sensation loves to show herself to the world and the Big Brother Naija stage is the ideal platform.
The businesswoman has grown her popularity on social media through the show and is the second most-searched Big Brother Naija 2019:
”Her stern character adds to the excitement of the reality show.
Mike Edwards stunned Big Brother Naija 2019: Pepper Dem fans when it was revealed that he was married.
”He is also a CEO and an athlete with a resilient spirit, Founder of the first Black-owned cigar brand in the United Kingdom.
Kola-Ogunlade says Mike has been able to position himself as a guru in the Big Brother Naija house and his accent has made quite an impression on the audience.
Mike is number 3 on the list of most-searched Big Brother Naija 2019: Pepper Dem contestants on Google.
Kola-Ogunlade said that Seyi, popularly referred to as the grandson of Awolowo, has indeed made his mark in the Big Brother Naija 2019.
From being head-of-house to having a heated argument with Ike at one point, he has a strong personality that has stood out since day one of the show.
The bubbly entrepreneur is also a medical doctor who has stated his commitment to his journey of self-acceptance, his girlfriend and his belief.
The 26-year-old Steve Ikechukwu Onyema, originally from Imo State, is said to be the look-alike of Marvel’s Black Panther actor, Michael B. Jordan.
His relationship with fellow housemate, Mercy, among other activities in the house, has made him one of the contestants to watch out for.
He ranks fifth position among the top searched Big Brother Naija 2019: Pepper Dem housemates according to Google Search.
Edited by Wale Ojetimi
- Waste managers pledge to upgrade disposal trucks for better service
- Police nab man for allegedly killing neighbour with Dane gun in Niger
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges