The organisers of Big Brother Naija, Multichoice Nigeria, has said that the multi-purpose house, which hosted the show got the ratings as the biggest and best from the parent company.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Multichoice Nigeria, John Ugbe, made the revelation during the presentation of the top five BBNaija housemates and the winners of the 2019 contest, Mercy Eke.
Ugbe said that the patent of Big Brother, Endemol, gave the reality show the best ratings so far.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Endemol is a Dutch-based media company that has the global franchise of the Big Brother show production and distributed multi-platform entertainment content.
The Multichoice CEO said that many hard works had gone into making the most popular reality show in Nigeria a reality.
“A lot has gone into the BBNaija show. We had a dream to have a house in Nigeria after a multi-purpose one built outside the country.
“I think it’s such as miracle to have another one ready in Nigeria within the six months of conception. It appears impossible to us, but just like Nigeria’s spirit, we can do anything.
“We threw everything at the BBNaija house and it was completed. The parent company, Endemol needs to inspect and certify it before commission so they came to Nigeria and inspect,” he said.
“After the inspection, the feedback is that, one, we have the biggest house in the world and this is an official statement from Endemol.
“The second rating is that if the biggest does not translate to best, we are also certified best in the world.
“There is no better facility in the world than BBNaija, so I am really proud because away from the negativity, and wrong reasons, this is a right reason.
“The show also broke so many records ranging from having the largest traffic on twitter, to largest inmates. We have the record of over 50 million votes in the final week of the season,” he said.
Ugbe also said that away from the negativity surrounding the reality show, it has been able to bring out African culture and the spirit of bonding in the housemates.
“We have had moments, memorable ones in the house; we have seen the housemates performing tasks within a short time. This is hard to come by.
“I have not had a better Independence Day celebration than what I had during the show, and we have also seen men engaging in cooking and so many positives,” he said.
NAN reports that the top five housemates of the reality show were also in attendance with sponsors such as Bet9ja, Heritage Bank, Innoson Motors and others. (NAN)
Edited by Dorcas Jonah/Ifeyinwa Omowole
Court further adjourns suit seeking winding up of BBNaija Sponsors
A Federal High Court in Lagos, has adjourned until May 4, hearing in a suit seeking the winding up of the sponsors of the Big Brother Naija Show, Payporte Global System Ltd.
The petitioner (Vacant Board) had filed a debt recovery suit against Payporte, in 2015.
The Court had in its judgment delivered on May 27, 2016, awarded the sum of N23.1 million against Payporte, in favour of the petitioner.
The petitioner, however, contends that on Feb. 27, 2017, the respondent made a part payment of N5 million, leaving a balance of N17.1 million which it has failed to liquidate till date, inspite of several demand letters.
It therefore, filed a winding up petition before the Federal High Court on Dec. 29, 2017, asking it to wind up Payporte.
When the case came up for mention, Mr Yemi Fajuyitan, announced appearance for the petitioner, but there was no representative for the respondent.
Consequently, the court has adjourned the case until May 4 for further mention.
In its notice of preliminary objection to the suit, dated April 25, 2018, the respondent is challenging the jurisdiction of the court to entertain or even hear the petition.
Respondent counsel contended that the said petition for winding up, failed to comply with the provisions of sections 5 and 6 of the Companies Winding-Up Rules, 2001.
He argued that no summons was filed by the petitioner, issued or sealed in respect of the said petition, adding that the failure rendered the petition null and void.
He added that a failure of the petitioner to file and serve the summons before the commencement of the winding up suit, robed the court of jurisdiction to hear the suit.
According to him, the courts jurisdiction cannot be competently activated in the petition as presently constituted.
Payporte contends that the court lacks jurisdiction to entertain the petitioner’s suit, as same is defective, bad in law, null and void, and an abuse of court process.
It urged that the winding up suit be dismissed, with substantial cost awarded against the petitioner.
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza
BBNaija’s Khafi receives adorable messages from fiance on new business
Ex-Big Brother Naija season four edition ‘pepper dem gang’ housemate, Khafi Kareem has received adorable messages from BBNaija Gedoni Ekpata, as she launches new business.
The 31-year-old reality TV star took to his Instagram page @gedoni on Wednesday, where he wrote an adorable message for Khafi to rejoice with her on her new business.
Nigeria News Agency reports that Kareem is a police officer with the Metropolitan Police Department, UK.
The TV star not only congratulated her on her new business but said such nice words that portrayed his poetic side.
“Not just only because it’s Wednesday. Not just because of the things I feel for you but cause of the things I do not feel for anyone else but you.
“Not just for the many beautiful things you do and are to me; but cause of the many little things you do not even know you’re doing.
“Congratulations Love on the launch of your #acupofkhafimugs @thekhafishop#Ediye #WCW #supportsystem #everythingandmor #Godpikin. I love you forever and a day more #mySunshine,” he wrote.
He also took to her Instagram page @acupofkhafi holding a mug inscribed ‘Your Dreams Are Valid’ and wrote:
“I’m so pleased to announce that @TheKhafiShop is now open for pre-order of #ACupofKhafiMugs! Get yours now for a limited time only.”
NAN reports that Khafi and Gedoni amazed everyone in December 2019, when the news of their engagement came out.
Edited By: Dorcas Jonah/Ismail Abdulaziz
BBNaija star, Mercy Eke makes Nollywood debut in `Fate of Alakada’
Meanwhile, many of their fans have shown their interest in watching the video as soon as it hits the cinemas.
Flourish_hajo wrote,” I’m definitely watching it. ”
iamkessy_b also wrote, “yesso my lambo the latest actress in town ”
Crazeclown wrote, “can’t wait”
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Eke is making head way in the Nigerian entertainment industry ever since she emerged the winner of the Big Brother Naija Pepper Dem edition.
She has been said to sign numbers of endorsement deal from various companies and also become a brand ambassador to many business empire.
Eke is also gaining more attention as she is now officially into acting.
Edited by: Dorcas Jonah/Maureen Atuonwu
BBNaija Pepper Dem housemate, Gedoni appointed Special Assistant to Cross River governor
Ekpata Gedoni, housemate in Big Brother Naija Season Four Edition ‘Pepper Dem Gang’ has been appointed Special Assistant to Gov. Benedict Ayade of Cross River.
The news was shared on Gedoni’s fiancee, Khafi’s Instagram page, @ acupofkhafi on Monday.
According to her, Gedoni is now the special assistant to the governor of Cross River on Garment Factory and Branding.” She wrote;
All we do is WHAT…? Congratulations baby! #Repost @hitfmcalabar •
@gedoni has been appointed as the special assistant to Gov Ben Ayade on Garment Factory and Branding. #gedoni #crossriver #calabar #khafi #khadoni,”
The Nigeria News Agency reports that recently, Gov Ayade appointed Music mogul, Ubi Franklin, as his Special Adviser on Tourism.
Edited by: Dorcas Jonah/Ifeyinwa Omowole
Video: BBNaija ex-housemate Gedoni finally proposes marriage to Khafi
Big Brother Nigeria (BBNaija) ex-housemate Gedoni Ekpata has finally proposed marriage to Khafi Kareem, a UK Police officer who also participated in the reality show.
Khafi eventually said “yes” to the marriage proposal.
The video of the proposal which appeared on Khafi’s twitter handle “@khafikareem” showed the BBNaija ex-housemates kissing and holding hands to the admiration of friends.
Gedoni had threw the question to his heartthrob on Christmas Day while they were on a vacation in Cape Verde.
The lovebirds had shown interest in each other during the 2019 BBNaija reality show.
Khafi had once expressed hope that Gedoni would propose marriage to her at the end of the reality show during a conversation with fellow ex-housemate, Omashola.
Watch the video below:
— Khafi Kareem (ACupOfKhafi) (@KhafiKareem) January 7, 2020
BBNaija stars, Khafi, Gedoni are engaged
Ex BBNaija season four housemates Khafi Kareem and Gedoni Ekpata are engaged.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the reality stars, who started their relationship on the show, announced their engagement on instagram.
Khafi posted a picture of herself and Gedoni on her Instagram page @acupofkhafi and captioned it, “I said yes. And I got the best Christmas gift ever. Mrs Ekpata loading.”
NAN reports that the pair known as Khadoni drew fans’ attention with their blossoming relationship while in the house.
The relationship got mixed reactions as some felt it was a strategy for the game while others vouched for the genuine connection between the couple.
During his eviction interview, Gedoni reassured fans that his relationship with Khafi was beyond the show BBnaija.
Gedoni said then that he would be open to date his co-star, Khafi after the show ends.
On her part, Khafi said she loves her partner Gedoni Ekpata and felt so much peace around him while in the BBNaija Reality show.
NAN also reports that congratulatory messages have continued to pour out for the couple from both fans and celebrities alike.
Edited by: Ese E. Ekama
BBNaija winner, Mercy Eke, buys duplex in Lekki
Big Brother Naija 4 ‘Pepper Dem’ reality show winner, Mercy Eke a.k.a ‘Lamborghini’ has bought a four bedroom flat apartment in lekki, Lagos State.
The excited reality TV star, took to her instagram page @official_mercyeke to share the good news as well as a video captioned.
“I stepped out of the house today as a tenant and returned as a house owner.
“Thanks to Victoria Crest Home for making this possible.”
On the other-hand, she was accompanied by ex BBNaija housemate turned lover, Ike as she received a key with the inscription “Just got our key” amidst friends and well-wishers.
Billionaire wife, Uchechi Okonkwo has served an update on Big Brother Naija winner, Mercy’s new four-bedroom duplex which many first thought was a gift.
According to Real Estate mogul, Kennedy Okonkwo’s wife, Uchechi, Mercy bought the four-bedroom duplex which she described as “the best decision”.
“Congratulations Babygirl, buying yourself a house, the best decision and I am super proud. Mercy Lambo on the 1000Landladies train and moving”.
The Nigeria News Agency report that the ‘Queen of Highlights’ Mercy was crowned the winner of the reality show on Sunday Oct. 6, after 99 days in the house and went home with 60 Million worth of prizes.
NAN also reports that this winning makes Mercy the first woman to win the Big Brother Naija reality show since inception.
The light hearted diva made the top two with her show best friend, Mike Edwards, who emerged first runner up.
Edited by Remi Koleoso/Maureen Atuonwu
Tattoos on my body represent life desires — BBNaija winner
Mercy Eke, winner of the 2019 Big Brother Naija, says tattoos on her body were important as they were symbols of her desire to achieve her dreams.
She disclosed this while speaking with the Nigeria News Agency on the sidelines of her presentation to the newsmen, at the Multichoice office, Ilupeju, Lagos on Wednesday.
Mercy, who did not hide her passion for having tattoos, said she has lost count of the numbers of tattoo on her body, adding that she only has flowers and butterfly imprinted on her skin.
“I love tattoos and I have many of them. I can’t tell you the number till I count them; I only have flowers and butterfly tattoos on.
“The tattoos are indication that I can fly to a height without limit and also depict that everyone has wings to fly to any place that is right.
“I love fashion a lot and I make sure that I am comfortable with what I wear. I have different clothes for different occasions which determine what I wear.
“I have a fashion line and luxury line. I called it luxury not because they are that expensive but because it looks expensive. We can dress well and look luxurious without much money,” she said.
On the fight with her BBNaija housemate, Tacha, which led to the disqualification of the later, Mercy said she still maintain friendship with Tacha.
“I still maintain my friendship with Tacha whatever happens; she has reached out to me. People should know that friends do fight occasionally, so what happened in the house is a reflection of us.
“People will start seeing us together afterwards, we are still friends.
“All I want is the grace of God to continue. Every time, I wake up to pray to God for his grace upon me. With that, I will be fine,” she said. (NAN)
Edited by Dorcas Jonah/Ali Baba-Inuwa
BBNaija: Cynthia applauds husband, congratulates Mercy
Cynthia Uchendu,wife of the Big Brother Naija reality show host, Chukwuebuka Obi-Uchendu has applauded her husband for his hosting skills in the just concluded BBNaija pepper Dem edition.
She shared this via her Instagram page,@CynthiaUchendu, saying she’s proud of her husband.
According to her, she is glad to have her husband back saying that her time with him is always limited due to his hosting duties.
She wrote: “Never met anyone more intelligent, witty, and confident and does his job so well.
“He makes it all seem so easy; I definitely know how hard he works.”
The mother of two also congratulated the winner of the reality show, Mercy, saying that Mercy deserved the prize, adding that she could not wait to see the good things she would accomplish.
Nigeria News Agency reports that Obi-Uchendu, a media personality has also hosted the long running Rubbin’ Minds talk show on Channels TV and co-hosting The Spot and Men’s Corner on Ebonylife Television.
The bubbly, witty 37 year -old reality show host, is a former housemate of the first edition of the BBNaija reality show.
This was before becoming the reality show host in 2017 during the Second edition of the show.
He has since remained the host of the popular and entertaining TV show till date, warming the hearts of Nigerians who continue to applaud him for his unique hosting skills.
Obi-Uchendu has also received several award nominations and won the award for Outstanding TV Presenter of the Year at the Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards for his work on Rubbin’ Minds(NAN)
Edited by Dada Ahmed
- CAN gets new exco in Plateau
- Institute urges NPA to include stakeholders in review of concession agreement
- Hungary, Germany to lift travel restrictions to each other’s citizens: FM
- UNICEF airlifts new batch of medical supplies to Yemen’s Aden
- NPA expects 16 ships carrying petroleum products, others at Lagos Ports
- Roundup: Libya’s UN-backed gov’t takes over western Libya, advances to control Sirte
- COVID-19: Arts entrepreneur seeks lifelines for SMEs
- Lagos Assembly Speaker appears before panel on allegations of corruption
- NASFAT seeks stricter punishment for rape
- North Macedonia’s minister urges media to end unconfirmed reports on COVID-19
- Alleged Rape: Coalition commends Police over case against Fatoyinbo
- Kebbi Governor donates N5m to victims of bandits attack in Sokoto
- Land dispute: Kwara Govt sues for peace between 2 communities
- FG poised to find lasting solution to perennial flooding in Jigawa- Minster
- Afghan gun battle kills 9 militants in eastern Kunar province
- Gov. El-Rufai urges FG to transfer Ecological Funds to Environment Ministry
- Niger LG rehabilitates 17km Roofia/Agwara Road -Chairman
- ‘Selma’ snubbed at 2015 Oscars after cast protested police violence, actor Oyelowo says
- Spotlight: Abolition of agreements with Israel may cause economic hardship in Palestine
- Kaduna lawmaker distributes 2,400 bags of fertilizer to constituents
- Tanzania to hold major annual trade fair
- Somalia confirms 85 new COVID-19 cases as tally hits 2,289
- COVID-19 : NNPC commences construction of N21 bn Infectious Disease Hospital in Katsina
- No more mercy, bail for rapists in Ekiti – Fayemi
- Lebanon sees violent anti-government protest
- Women group advocate stiffer penalty for rapists to curb menace
- CAS inaugurate 200-bed girls hotels, married officers quarters in Kaduna
- More than 10,000 fans could attend matches in Copenhagen after COVID-19
- Iran’s border guards seize over 2 tonnes of illicit drugs
- RB Leipzig get financial boost with 100-million-euro debt relief
- Infantino calls for patience on fans returning to games
- Foundation lauds Gov Fayemi’s enforcement of lockdown directive in Ekiti
- Brescia to terminate Balotelli’s contract for missing training
- Zambia FM holds virtual meeting with UN Special envoy for Great Lakes Region
- Enugu CP assures CSOs of partnership to check rape, sexual offences
- NASS member regrets comments on rape debate
- 1,700 new COVID-19 infections detected in Qatar, 67,195 in total
- Don cautions youths against social media addiction
- Romanian football fan jailed 90 months for attempted murder
- Tribute: Oni lauds Olumilua’s integrity, transparency
- AfDB approves 288.5 mln USD to support Nigeria’s COVID-19 response
- `No Knelling’: Trump renews criticism of protests during United States anthem
- Palestine exerts effort in UNSC to stop Israel’s annexation plan: official
- 5.0-magnitude quake hits 85 km NE of Tobelo, Indonesia — USGS
- ILO’s Better Factories Cambodia launches “COVID-19: Worker Safety” hotline
- Five substitutions will help with squad rotation —- Solskjaer
- Active COVID-19 cases in Bulgaria fall below 1,000
- Osun 7th Assembly flags off 1st anniversary with prayers
- Post COVID-19: Lagos Govt advises women to acquire skills, embrace agriculture
- Palestinians harvest wheat in southern Gaza Strip city of Khan Younis
- Iraqi parliament votes on remaining members of al-Kadhimi’s cabinet
- Firm unveils smoother, quicker painting product
- Africa’s COVID-19 cases over 175,000 – WHO
- Tomatoes’ price soar in Enugu markets
- Ajimobi mourns Oyo politician, Adelere
- FIDA advocates death sentence for rapists
- Interview: George Floyd death reveals United States’ double standards on human rights, says former Yugoslavian FM
- UNILAG set to boost entrepreneurship education through direct online platform
- Zambia’s wildlife orphanage receives donations from Chinese enterprise
- Environment: Lawmaker urges more effort to mitigate hazards in N/Delta
- Buhari celebrates Erogbogbo, the ‘Kind Teacher’ at 90
- Egypt’s president meets Libya’s Haftar, announces Cairo initiative for Libya settlement
- Aussie researchers reveal how cancer cells develop resistance to treatment
- Cameroon army kills 4 Boko Haram militants
- Saudi G20 Presidency calls for collaborative global efforts to fight COVID-19
- UK COVID-19 deaths hit 40,465 as another 204 patients die
- Messi trains apart as Barcelona put through their paces at Camp Nou
- Lockdown ease: LASTMA impounds 1, 233 vehicles
- Iran released United States prisoner on “humanitarian purposes”: Iranian ministry
- Firm launches ‘plastic responsibly’ initiative in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Pharmaceutical company donates sanitisers, face masks to ministry
- Tanzania’s Zanzibar reopens for tourism activities
- Vietnam’s COVID-19 cases increase to 329
- Spanish gov’t to levy fines on violators of face mask rules
- Malaysian PM appoints Petronas president to head Malaysia Airlines
- Merkel allies criticise Trump decision to cut United States troops in Germany
- Ethiopian expert says Africa can learn from Chinese pandemic management system
- Kuwait records 31,131 COVID-19 cases, 254 deaths
- Maldives construction industry loses 40 mln USD due to COVID-19
- Maldives reports eighth COVID-19 death
- Interview: UK epidemiologist says global collaboration vital to tackle unprecedented COVID-19 crisis
- People take part in protest over death of George Floyd in central Sydney, Australia
- Indonesian army chopper crashes, 4 killed
- India’s Western Coalfields opens three new coal mines
- New ultrathin nanosheets set to transform dirtiest water into lifesaving resource: Aussie-led study
- Ethiopian staff members trained as professional train drivers of Ethiopia-Djibouti rail line in E China
- Foundation empowers 100 infertility women in Nigeria
- Edo records more than 50 cases of gender-based violence during virus lockdown
- Indonesia plans to recruit volunteers to help contain spread of COVID-19 pandemic
- Sweden urges collaboration in conserving earth resources
- Explosion kills 8 in northeast Syria
- Italy hopes EU nations will open borders to Italians from June 15
- World Environment Day: Society urges Nigerians to protect planet earth
- PLO warns of Israel’s steps towards annexing parts of West Bank
- I-G condoles with PSC over Jumbo Offor’s death
- Interview: South Sudan envoy commends China’s COVID-19 medical supplies assistance
- Jos residents shun Hair Salons for fear of the Coronavirus
- 5.8-magnitude quake hits 104 km N of Ba, Fiji — USGS
- Sen. Folarin worried over increased insecurity in Oyo
- FAO intensifies desert locust control measures in Kenya’s county
- Thai state drug buster hands 600 kg of seized marijuana to medical researchers
- Two women killed in violent attacks in Carinthia, Austria
- Kenyan police nab 3 terror suspects with explosive materials
- Bangladesh reports 2,635 new COVID-19 cases, 35 new deaths
- Malaysia reports 37 new COVID-19 cases, 8,303 in total
- Interview: Death of George Floyd reveals Washington’s double standards, says Indonesian analyst
- 108-year-old Italian woman in nursing home recovers from COVID-19
- Ogun TRACE warns commercial motorcyclists driving against traffic
- Ole! La Liga fires up again after old foes unite
- France says its army killed al Qaeda North Africa chief, Droukdel
- Malians rally against President Keita, demand his resignation
- 27th annual Ulan Bator Book Festival kicks off
- Death toll in India’s chemical factory blast rises to 10
- People attend protest over death of George Floyd in Los Altos
- People participate in march to mark World Environment Day in Athens, Greece
- Iran reports 2,269 new COVID-19 cases, 169,425 in total
- Nomadic tribe begins bi-annual seasonal migration towards upper reaches of Indian-controlled Kashmir
- Legal practitioner seeks amendment of law on rape
- Protestors carry signs during anti-racism rally in Vancouver, Canada
- Chinese embassy donates food to less privileged S. African families
- Troops of Operation Accord kill 70 bandits in Kachia forest – DHQ
- Killings: Oyo police commissioner relocates to Moniya
- World Environment Day: Nigerians must recognise interdependence of all lives on earth – CSOs
- Flood: Adamawa govt urges residents to relocate to safer places
- NERC says 62.3% electricity consumers still on estimated billing
- Thai gov’t allows 7 more domestic airports to open
- Nigeria, India deepen bilateral defence cooperation
- India registers record single-day COVID-19 spike, caseload tops Italy’s
- Nigerian electricity supply industry recorded ₦119.46bn deficit in Q4 2019, says NERC
- California says film, TV production can resume June 12
- COVID-19: Ekiti Assembly marks low-key 365 days in office
- 8.10m MWh electricity generated in Q4 2019 – NERC
- Taliban outfit sets free 36 Afghan detainees
- Thai restaurants required not to serve alcoholic beverages on premises
- Osun records 2 new COVID-19 cases
- Feature: Thousands march in Australian cities over treatment of Indigenous Peoples
- Indonesia’s COVID-19 cases surpass 30,000 with death toll exceeding 1,800
- NGO empowers 23,817 young girls, women in Kaduna
- 5.2-magnitude quake hits Edinburgh of Seven Seas, Saint Helena — USGS
- COVID-19 : Expert warns against overdose of vitamin C
- COVID 19: Umahi threatens shutdown of Ebonyi international market over precautionary measures non-compliance
- Philippines reports 714 new COVID-19 cases, total surge to 21,340
- Over 3 dozens killed in Afghanistan amid efforts to initiate intra-Afghan talks
- AfDB approves $288.5m for Nigeria COVID-19 Response Support Programme
- COVID-19: Nigeria Private jet operators lose over $5bn – official
- Russia’s COVID-19 cases exceed 450,000
- Death toll in India’s chemical factory blast rises to 10
- Australia China Friendship Society calls on Aussie politicians to mend relationship with China
- Libya’s UN-backed gov’t reports new advances against rivals
- Facebook says it found no foreign interference in Floyd protests
- After Trump tweet debate, Facebook to review policies on posts
- NOA DG lauds staff for dedication to fight against COVID-19
- AfDB Probe: Group tells Board of Governors not to compromise
- Uganda reopens national parks for tourism amid COVID-19
- 36 killed in lightning strikes across Myanmar in 5 months
- Mongolia’s capital holds annual book festival to promote reading amid pandemic
- Biden clinches Democratic bid to face Trump in election
- United States protests against police brutality met with excessive police force
- Bolsonaro threatens Brazilian withdrawal from WHO, following United States
- Pakistan’s confirmed COVID-19 cases top 90,000
- COVID-19: Sokoto discharges all 101 patients, records 14 deaths
- Active COVID-19 cases in Bulgaria fall below 1,000
- Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra holds first concert after COVID-19 lockdown
- Enugu records 3 more cases of COVID-19
- Michael Jordan, Jordan Brand pledge $100 million to racial equality and social justice
- Makinde flags off construction of commission’s secretariat
- UI postgraduate student murdered in Ibadan
- Mongolia reports 2 new COVID-19 cases, 193 in total
- NCDC announces 328 new COVID-19 cases, total infections now 11,844
- 5.3-magnitude quake hits 92 km NE of Georgetown, Saint Helena — USGS
- S.Korea reports 51 more COVID-19 cases, 11,719 in total
- 4 soldiers killed, 17 wounded in clash with rebels in southern Philippines
- Afghan fighting, roadside bomb kill 15 including 11 police in Badakhshan
- Cambodia may lose 3 bln USD in tourism revenue this year due to COVID-19 impact: minister
- Coronavirus pandemic to cost Australia over 348 bln USD over 10 years
- Colombia captures 50 people suspected of plant, animal trafficking
- Biden crosses threshold to clinch Democratic presidential nomination
- United States said diplomatic door with Iran remains open
- India reports highest daily spike of 9,887 cases as total reach 236,657
- Three killed in small plane crash in Southern California
- Britain, EU close new round of trade talks, little progress made
- Small plane crash in United States state of Georgia kills 5
- India’s Maharashtra state crosses grim milestone of 80,000 cases of COVID-19
- New Zealand has no new COVID-19 case for 15 consecutive days
- Bolsonaro threatens to withdraw Brazil from WHO
- New Zealand aims to eliminate COVID-19 against winter odds: ministry
- 6.2-magnitude quake hits Kazakhstan — local department
- People shop at reopened market in Bury, Britain
- 6.2-magnitude quake hits Kazakhstan — local dept. for emergencies
- Lima to host all Peruvian football matches after COVID-19 shutdown
- DPRK to withdraw from inter-Korean liaison office: KCNA
- Chile reports 122,499 COVID-19 cases with 1,448 deaths
- Street markets open for first time since lockdown in Moscow
- People buy fresh spot prawns in Richmond, Canada
- People perform Friday prayer with COVID-19 prevention measures in Amman, Jordan
- United States department store chain J.C. Penney announces to close 154 stores
- Full moon seen in Manila, the Philippines
- Palestinian protesters clash with Israeli soldiers over Israeli annexation plans
- Mexico unable to support OPEC with further oil production adjustment: president
- People collect recyclable items at garbage dump site in India