Pastor Godwin Bamidele of Christ Glory Church, Maraba, Ilorin, has called on journalists to be social crusaders against coronavirus and ignorance in the country.
Bamidele made the call inIlorin on Thursdayin an interview with the Nigeria News Agency .
He said that most Nigerians were still underrating the deadly virus and assumed it’s just being fabricated.
According to him, journalists are expected to sensitise the public on the danger of underrating the deadly virus.
“Journalists are in the best position to sensitise the public on what to do to stay safe.
“We expect journalists to reach every nook and cranny of the country through their pen and campaign on social media.
“Tell the public coronavirus is not fabricated. It is real.
“Be a social crusader and change public mentality toward the epidemic.
“You are the eye and mirror of the society. You can do more to win their hearts and guide the public not to violate social restriction order,” Bamidele said.
The cleric, however, advised the public to cooperate with the government to end the spread of the virus, saying it was everybody’s fight.
He also advised Nigerians to be prayerful and as well be obedient to the guidelines on preventive measures.
Edited By:Adeleye Ajayi
Watch Live News
- Iran continues work on nuclear programme in spite pandemic
- COVID-19: Kaduna family deserts home as returnee allegedly presents symptoms
- S. Korea to temporarily halt visa waivers for countries with entry bans on Koreans
- Minister assures of amicably resolution of land dispute between military, Abuja natives
- COVID-19: Immigration service disinfects facilities
- COVID-19: Mix reactions trail food sharing in parts of Kaduna
- COVID-19: SON deploys 29 free int’l standards on essential products
- Russia’s coronavirus rises to another 1,000 for third straight day
- 2 in court for allegedly stealing mobile phone
- Expert recommends consumption of clean water to prevent coronavirus