Rev. Dr David Usman, the General Overseer of Christian Fellowship of Nigeria (CEFN), has admonished Nigerians to be upright, faithful and dedicated in their service to God and humanity.
The clergy reminded the mourners, family, friends and colleagues, of the late Jurist that heaven was the eternal home of all believers.
He added that every Christian must be prepared on daily basis “as no one knows when death will come”.
“People’s testimonies on the life of Yakubu, shows the importance of faithfulness, dedication to God’s service, uprightness in offices and how a christian should always live an exemplary life,” he said.
Bulkachuwa noted that His Lordship’s uprightness, incorruptability in his various places of service, encouragement and the good legacy he left behind in the Judiciary had enhanced his credibility.
On his part, Gov. Yahaya Bello described the late Justice as a complete gentleman who had distinguished himself in service to God and humanity.
The governor, who was represented by his Deputy, Chief Edward Onoja, said “good name is better than riches”.
Capt. Idris Wada, a former governor of the state, enjoined those in the temple of Justice, at both lower and higher bench, to emulate the the exemplary life of the deceased.
He prayed God to grant the family, the state and Nigerians the fortitude to bear the loss.
Others were former governors of the state, leaders and representatives of various Christian and Muslim denominations, Boys Brigade, Fasting Festival Ministry and Judiciary staff members, among others.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 5 new cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: FCTA begins decontamination of Abuja
- COVID-19: PDP tasks NASS on proposed N500bn intervention fund
- NNPC repairs vandalised pipeline at Mosan, Ipaja Lagos – LASEMA
- KDSG to prosecute anyone caught diverting food for vulnerable people – Commissioner
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Update on the Covid-19 Outbreak in Uganda
- Kaduna food distribution: Poor people not getting items – Coalition
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Notification on Situational COVID 19 Update
- COVID-19: Oyo govt to fumigate markets in the state
- Coronavirus – Kenya: Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital becomes COVID-19 facility
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa assesses progress and challenges on implementation of Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: LASG to punish officials undermining welfare programme
- Buhari condoles with Kano community over demise of 2 prominent citizens
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Lagos offers free treatment for maternity, emergency patients
- Singapore reports 75 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Gynaecologist calls for sustained antenatal, maternal care for pregnant women
- COVID-19: Bangladesh extends public transport shutdown to April 11 to contain spread
- COVID-19: Yobe Govt says suspected case negative
- Oshiomhole @ 68: APC Governors laud party chairman’s commitment to national unity
- BNSG accuses Uji, former Teachers service board boss, of financial impropriety