Chidinma Aaron, 42nd Miss Nigeria has urged electorate to come out and exercise their civic responsibilities by voting for candidates of their choice in Saturday’s governorship and state House of Assembly elections.
“My fellow Nigerians, as we draw closer to the elections slated for Saturday, across the country, I urge everyone to come out massively and vote.
“We need to choose the right candidates for the Governorship and State House of Assembly elections as was done at the federal level,” she said.
According to her, let’s do well to vote our choice candidate in high spirits and for the supplementary elections which will hold in some parts of the country.
“There will be voting, where the general elections did not hold or was cancelled due to some reasons.
“In the same way, I plead with all of you, not to sell your vote, let us maintain peaceful conduct at the polling units; election is not war,” she said.
“We should aid ourselves by staying safe, avoid wearing political party clothing or engaging in political argument and the likes at the polling units.
“We are moving Nigeria forward, let us not loose hope, let no ethnic difference bring a set back to the nation,” she said.
NNN reports that the 25-year-old queen succeeded Mildred Ehiguese, who was the 41st queen.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business