Mr Tein Jack-Rich, Founder and President, Belema Oil Producing Ltd., has assured OML-25 host communities of effective Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) when operation resumes on the oil facility.
Jack-Rich gave the assurance on Thursday in Kula, Akuku-Toru Local Government Area of Rivers, when he visited traditional rulers, leaders and women of OML-25 host communities.
It will be recalled that operations on the OML-25 facility was shutdown about two years ago following dispute between the host communities and shell.
He said the Federal Government was more interested in the unity and social well-being of the people of Belema, Offoin-ama and Ngeje communities.
“So, I am here to let you know that peace has been restored between Shell, Belema Oil and you, the host communities.
“The NNPC facilitated the reconciliation, and now SPDC retains the Operatorship Licence, while Belema Oil will provide operations and maintenance contracts.
“I have assured the NNPC that no matter the interest before now, everybody will be carried along, once we start operations because we are all one,” he said.
According to Jack-Rich, there will be no excuse not to develop the area because the Federal Government facilitated the reconciliation in recognition of the cries and lamentations of the host communities.
“The Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari loves Kula Kingdom, and your social well-being is very dear to the president.
“So, we shall work with you the host communities to ensure that your developmental needs are considered first as we stick together.
“The essence of the struggle is to develop the communities, develop our human resources and create the needed empowerment that will advance our desire for a better life,” he added.
The Belema Oil president thanked the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva and Mr Mele Kyari, Group Managing Director of NNPC for fast-tracking the reconciliation process.
In his remark, King Bourdillon Ekine-Oko, the traditional ruler of Belema Community, thanked the Federal Government for resolving the issue.
“Today is the greatest day of my life, I am very happy because we shall not see darkness again,” he said.
The traditional ruler commended Jack-Rich for his passion to develop the host communities and prayed God to guide him.
(Edited by Azubuike Okeh/Peter Ejiofor)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others