Benin, April 29, 2019 (NAN) Bendel Insurance Football Club of Benin and Edo Queens FC of Benin on Monday presented the Edo FA Cup trophies they won on Sunday to the state’s Acting Governor, Philip Shaibu.
Bendel Insurance’s Technical Adviser, Monday Odigie, who presented the Edo Men’s FA Cup trophy before Shaibu, thanked him for his fatherly support.
“We thank you for your support. We are committed to winning trophies and making you proud,’’ he said.
Edo Queens’ Technical Director, Godwin Izilien, said they were impressed by Shaibu’s support and dedication to the development of sports in the state.
“We are so impressed with the way you take care of our welfare, which has really motivated us.
“It has really made the girls to be on top of their game. Your support will also convince our girls playing outside the state to come back home.”
Shaibu then assured the two clubs of Gov. Godwin Obaseki’s support, adding that his target was to see them playing at the national level.
“Our target is to see you play in the Aiteo Cup final match in both the male and female categories. Your welfare won’t be a challenge.
“All you need do is to remain disciplined both on the pitch and off the pitch. Whatever you do wrongly off the pitch can affect negatively in the field of play.
“I want you all to be a role model to our younger generation. Avoid engaging yourselves in social vices, “he said.
The acting governor also thanked their fans and the Supporters Clubs of both teams for their massive support, assuring that government would not withdraw its support from them.(NAN)
- Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 13km Abakpa-Emene link road
- Facebook German privacy case referred to European Court
- Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 13-kilometre road in Enugu East council
- Lagos govt says Lekki Free Trade Zone exported $30m goods in one year
- 8.5m Nigerians suffering from hearing impairment – Expert
- Menstrual Hygiene Day: Stakeholders want misconceptions, myths removed
- Ebonyi Govt confirms re-arrest of escaped COVID-19 patient
- Hydrological Agency says 28 states at risk of flooding
- Delta govt. records 51 COVID-19 cases, lauds media support
- Security: Gov. Masari inaugurates Katsina State Community Policing Advisory Committee
- Abiodun assures Ogun residents of provision of houses
- Ease of Doing Business: Lagos adopts digital physical planning reforms
- Buhari’s Executive Orders are aimed at complementing existing legislations – Malami
- COVID-19: Police Command warns Oyo State residents against non-adherence to directives.
- Osun CJ releases 13 inmates of Ile-Ife Correctional Centre
- Gov. Akeredolu gives N47.6m car loan to primary school teachers in Ondo
- Navy distributes palliatives to 350 households in Imoore community in Lagos
- New York repeals archaic anti-mask law at odds with virus measures
- NSE All-Share Index down 0.22 per cent
- Osinbajo inaugurates Clean Nigeria Steering Committee