Edebiri made the commendation on Friday in Benin, during a media interaction to mark his 90th birthday.
He recalled that the Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, had requested for two ministerial slots, when he led traditional rulers from his area on a visit to the president.
Nigeria News Agency reports that Mr Osagie Ehanire was appointed the Minister for Health, while Clem Agba is the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning.
“I thank the president for giving Edo two ministerial slots this time around.
“The people only criticised the president for appointing more elderly people than young ones.
“But the truth is that, if the president had appointed only young people, they will fight and beat up themselves,” Edebiri said.
He said that the cabinet was a blend of both the young and old Nigerians, saying that “the ministers he returned were the finest leaders.”
Edebiri further spoke on the crisis rocking the state House of Assembly crisis, hoping that it would be amicably resolved “because the lawmakers are all our children.”
- South African Airways cancels almost all flights for Friday, Saturday
- 2 men in court over alleged unlawful possession of cartridges
- Nigerian Armed Forces shine at international sports
- 2 years since arrest, Cambodian journalists await spying verdict
- Exiled Cambodian opposition leader arrives Indonesia
- Italian police seize over a tonne of cocaine in banana container
- Kogi elections: Group urges politicians to eschew violence, hate speech
- 17 injured in blasts at south-eastern Turkey Ammunition depot
- Philippines deports 312 Chinese nationals for telecom fraud
- Indian court delays ruling on ban on women entering Hindu temple
- Health Training Initiative increases accreditation status, academic performance – Registrar
- Oil rises after OPEC’s Barkindo says U.S. shale growth may slow in 2020
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business