Benue House of Assembly has passed the revised budget of N108.8 billion as against the initial N189.4 billion for the 2020 fiscal year for assent.
The budget was passed at plenary after a debate on the report brought by the House Committee on Appropriation on Thursday in Makurdi.
Enemari said in the revised budget, the Recurrent Expenditure would now be N68.3 billion as against the initial N115.9 billion.
The committee also revised Capital Expenditure from N74.9 billion to N40.48 billion.
The Deputy Speaker, Christopher Adaji, who stood in for the Speaker, Titus Uba, who recently tested positive for COVID-19, thanked members for always availing themselves for good governance to the people of the state.
Adaji directed the Clerk of the House, Mr Terese Agena, to produce clean copies of the budget and forward the budget to the governor for assent.
Edited By: Joe Idika/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- COVID-I9: FRSC stresses importance of passengers’ documentation
- LWC says Adiyan water plant begins operation
- WHO scales up COVID-19, TB search with mobile testing in Kaduna communities
- Coronavirus: Germany, Malaysia industrial production recovering slowly
- COVID-19 Violation: Abuja mobile court fines Naira Marley N200,000
- UN says 27 dead after boat capsizes off Mauritanian coast
- Lawyer calls for arrest of publisher for infringing right
- WHO ramps up COVID-19 support to hotspot countries in Africa
- Man, 24, bags 4-year jail term for burglary, stealing
- Osinbajo wants innovative technology suitable for courtroom