The Vice-chairman of Benue State Action Committee on COVID-19, Prof. Godwin Achinge, has died of Coronavirus complications.
The state Commissioner for Health and Human Services, Dr Sunday Ongbabo, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeira through a text message in Makurdi.
NAN reports that Achinge, also Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Benue State University (BENSU), Makurdi, died on Sunday afternoon at an undisclosed hospital in Jos, Plateau State, where he was taken for treatment.
In his response to a text message from NAN correspondent seeking confirmation of the incident, the commissioner replied “yes”.
The late professor of medicine died after battling with COVID-19 pandemic.
NAN reports that Gov. Samuel Ortom had on Saturday disclosed that the late don tested positive to COVID-19.
The state daily update on the COVID-19 pandemic showed that the state had total number of 97 cases, out of which 40 were active, 50 discharged, one relocated and six deaths.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Muhammad Suleiman Tola (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria