Paramount Players has inked a first look deal with Daniel Kaluuya’s production company, 59%.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that Kaluuya gained prominence with playing lead, strong characters in films that focus on the struggles of black people such as ‘Get Out’ and ‘Black Panther’.
Speaking on the importance of the deal, Kaluuya said, “Over the years, I’ve been blessed to make work that speaks to audiences I identify with whilst pushing the envelope on what’s possible.
“59% will be the home to continue that in a producorial capacity, to bridge the gap between the next wave of storytellers and studios.
“I’m excited that in Paramount Players, I have found a partner that shares the same drive and belief to make cinema that is honest, reflective, inclusive and authored,” he said.
Paramount Players’ Executive VPs of Development, Ali Bell and Matt Dines also released a statement confirming the deal.
They said, “Daniel Kaluuya has always made fearless and bold choices as an actor–pushing the conversation and redefining contemporary culture.
“Knowing he has the same passion and integrity as a producer made him an obvious fit to partner with Paramount Players.
“We are so excited to partner with Daniel on the launch of his company and create a platform for a new generation of filmmakers.”
Kaluuya has been nominated for the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, SAG Award and BAFTA Award for Best Actor. In 2018, he won the BAFTA Rising Star Award.
He is set to star in ‘Queen & Slim’ alongside Jodi Turner-Smith and also as Fred Hampton in the upcoming Ryan Coogler-produced ‘Jesus Was My Homeboy’.
- Troops rescue 31 women, children from Boko Haram terrorists in Borno
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Ex-FG Staff Housing Loan Board boss urges public servants to shun disruption
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum