In a statement on Sunday by Taofik Gani, the PDP Spokesperson in Lagos State, the party also asked the governor to declare Lagos waterways unsafe for public transportation.
According to the PDP, more 50 people have been killed in several boat mishaps on Lagos waterways in the last 30 days.
While condoling with the victims of the boat mishaps, the PDP demanded adequate compensation from the state for their families.
“We demand the sack of the LASWA general manager, the overhaul of the agency, compensation for victims, prosecution of erring officials and operators.
“Facts now reveal that over 50 lives have actually been lost, with the last 17 victims being in the last 10 days.
Edited By: Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Sanwo-Olu pledges to revitalise agric sector
- SUNU Assurances declares N1.2bn profit
- Kogi acting CJ pledges to sustain late Ajanah’s legacies
- Abia stakeholders pass vote of no confidence in Rep. Nkole over alleged poor performance
- Edo election: Security council condemns violence – Obaseki, CP
- PDP governors’ forum urges security agencies to re-strategise to curb insecurity
- Commissioner decries parents’ attitude over students lateness to schools in Delta
- GLEIF reaffirms CSCS as sole local operating unit
- Buhari greets Labour Minister, Chris Ngige at 68
- Women groups rally support for Obaseki, Speaker in Edo