Bode Oyewole, a former Chairman of the Shooting Stars Sports Club of Ibadan (3SC), is dead.
Bose Oyewole, wife of the deceased, confirmed news of his death to journalists on Tuesday in Ibadan.
She said Oyewole, who was well known as Elder Bode Oyewole, died on Tuesday morning during a brief illness.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the deceased also served as Chief Press Secretary to a former Oyo State Governor, the late Kolapo Ishola.
He was a former Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Oyo State Council.
The late Oyewole was Chairman when 3SC won two titles in 1998 —- the Nigerian first division league title and the West African Football Union (WAFU) Cup.
Edited By: Adebayo Sekoni and Olawale Alabi) (NAN)
- Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung erupts for third time in a week
- Petroleum tankers drivers begin strike
- 4 drown in dangerous currents on Dutch coast
- NDLEA seizes 3,546kg hard drugs, arrests 205 suspects in FCT
- Iran says GCC call for Tehran arms embargo extension is ‘unrealistic’
- Poland’s PM wants special EU summit on Belarus
- Port Harcourt DisCo revokes electric bill distribution by contractors
- Six killed in south-western Pakistan blast, multiple wounded
- New CAMA will boost foreign direct investment — Capital market operators
- Driver bags 14 imprisonment for stealing tricycle windshield, stereo