Borno Government on Tuesday inaugurated 11 water projects funded by European Union through German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) in three Local Government Areas of the state.
Inagurating one of the borehole projects in Maiduguri on Tuesday, the state Commissioner for Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (RRR), Engr Mustafa Gubio, lauded the international intervention in the three local government areas affected by insurgency – Maiduguri, Jere and Konduga.
Gubio said the water projects would impact positively in the ongoing effort to restore social infrastructures destroyed by the insurgents in the state.
Gubio lauded GIZ for the gesture and assured of judicious utilization of the projects for the maximum benefit of the affected communities.
Meanwhile,the representative of GIZ, Mr Mohammed Abba, said the project was in fulfilment of a memorandum of understanding signed in 2019 to assist the government in improving the living condition of people in north east region.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that some of the water projects completed by GIZ are sited in Bulabulin, Bula Moduri, Moro-Moro, Fariya and Njimtilo areas of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
Edited By: Shuaib Sadiq/Felix Ajide (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria