The National Center for Disease Control (NCDC)”>National Center for Disease Control (NCDC)) has recorded a new coronavirus case in Lagos. The Lagos state government confirmed the case which involves a Nigerian woman who arrived from the United Kingdom last Friday. Akin Abayomi, the Lagos State Commissioner of health, disclosed the development at a press conference, on Tuesday. The National Center for Disease Control said the patient developed symptoms during her 14-day self-isolation
“She is clinically stable & is being treated at Infectious Disease Hospital, Lagos,” the NCDC quoted the Minister as saying. The new case is presently the only case because the first two patients had fully recovered and been discharged.
The current case is independent of the index patient, an Italian who flew into Lagos on a Turkish Airline flight. The second patient was connected to the index patient.
Most Nigerians on social media have been calling on the government to close the airspace as a measure of control. A number of African countries have closed their borders including the banning of public gatherings. Nigeria has yet to announce any such measures.
Nigeria, Africa’’s most populous country has been on high alert since the first case. Authorities especially in Lagos along with the disease control outfit, have been giving regular updates on developments.
Below is the link to the tweet.
Watch Live News
- COVID-19: Enugu CP warns residents on shutdown of public places
- Bosnian band cheers up fans with weekly online quarantine shows
- UN defends WHO against allegation of being China-centric on COVID-19
- COVID-19: Katsina Govt. lifts suspension on Friday prayers
- COVID-19: Police nab 2 pilots for allegedly violating restrictions on local flight in Rivers
- Golf-Immelman says Masters in November presents new challenge
- Police warn residents against violating restriction order in Niger
- Oyo govt. to establish energy centre to generate electricity
- Sanitize your mobile phone jackets as safeguard against COVID-19 pandemic, Doctor advises
- Nigeria records 16 fresh COVID-19 cases, as Katsina, Delta records first case