The Senator-elect, Ahmad Lawan (APC-Yobe), has been declared the winner of the senate presidential election held at the Senate Chamber on Tuesday.
The Clerk of the National Assembly, Mr Mohammed Sani-Omolori, made the announcement in Abuja.
While Lawan polled 79 votes, Ndume got only 28 votes.
Mr Sani-Omolori said having scored the highest votes, Lawan, had been duly elected as the Nigeria’s Senate President of the 9th National Assembly.
Edited by Mustapha Lamidi
- FEATURE: Governorship election: Checking violence, disruption in Kogi
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons
- Britain will not name EU commissioner ahead of election – Official