British-Nigerian actor David Ajala has been unveiled as a regular cast member in ‘Star Trek: Discovery’.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the announcement was made at the ongoing 2019 San Diego Comic Con.
Ajala will play a new character, Cleveland “Book” Booker, described as, “smart and capable with a natural charisma,” Deadline reveals.
His character will have a “devil-may-care attitude that tends to get him into trouble as often as it gets him out”.
Ajala is best known for his lead role in supernatural thriller series, ‘Falling Water’, which aired for two seasons, and for his starring role in Syfy’s series, ‘Nightflyers’, which ran for one season.
NAN reports that he also shined as Manchester Black in the CW’s ‘Supergirl’.
The third season of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, follows the crew of the USS Discovery as they encounter new worlds and civilizations.
Edited by Ekemini Ladejobi
- Man, girlfriend bag jail terms for stealing 64 chickens
- Houthis announce spread of COVID-19 in northern Yemen
- (Special for CAFS) Nigerian police kills 2 suspected kidnappers in northern state
- 8 mln workers to return to work in S. Africa on June 1
- Diaspora group to partner with Oyo govt. on initiatives
- NYSC: 5 corps members get state awards in Niger
- Ukraine reports 429 new cases, total exceeds 22,800
- Social media companies should play bigger part in combating misinformation: researcher
- New York medical worker calls for stable supply chains, income protection amid pandemic
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Lagos-Ibadan expressway auto-crash
- Pension for ex-governors, speakers and `rebellion’ of Hope Uzodimma
- S. Africa reports more COVID-19 cases as country prepares to ease lockdown
- Mongolia meets all requirements to be removed from FATF “grey list”: finance minister
- Russian COVID-19 cases climb over 380,000
- Vietnam to import live pigs for first time against domestic price hike
- Thailand’s Pattaya beaches to reopen under social distancing rules
- Thai-styled massage parlors, spa parlors, beauty salons, fitness centers in Thailand to reopen
- Australia remains “on track” in fight against COVID-19: PM
- Ex-CBN director lauds MPC over interest rate reduction
- Fitch grades Mongolia’s rating at B with stable outlook