The brother of Tottenham Hotspur’s Cote d’Ivoire defender Serge Aurier has been shot dead in France, the English Premier League (EPL) club said on Monday.
The brother, Christopher Aurier, was shot at a nightclub in the early hours of Monday morning in the southern French city of Toulouse, according to La Depeche, a French media outlet.
The suspected gunman fled the scene and is being sought by police, according to a French police source.
Serge Aurier, who is 27, joined Spurs in 2017 from French club Paris St-Germain (PSG).
In a message posted on Twitter, Tottenham said: “Everybody at the club sends their sincerest condolences to Serge and his family. Our thoughts are with them all.”
Edited By: Olawale Alabi) (NAN)
- Environmentalist calls for adoption of eco-friendly products to curb plastic pollution
- Oyo State CAN mourns death of cleric
- China sanctions 11 United States officials over Hong Kong affairs
- Lebanon’s justice minister resigns in wake of blast, protests
- Face mask now mandatory on Paris river banks, streets
- United States health secretary meets Taiwan’s leader, praises pandemic response
- Kwara Govt. lauds ophthalmologists for assisting blue-eyed family
- Malaysia’s chief diplomat fined for vaping in parliament
- Israel strikes Hamas post in response to incendiary balloons
- Sri Lanka re-opens schools amid COVID-19 caution