President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of a Delta Development Commission”>Monitoring Committee for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in line with the provisions of Part V1, Section 21 of NDDC Establishment Act
Mr Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, made this known in a statement in Abuja, on Wednesday.
Adesina said the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, would serve as Chairman of the committee, while members of the committee include the Minister of State, Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, Sen Omotayo Alasoadura and the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, Olusola Adesola.
Other members include Mr Shamsuddin Bello, representing office of the Accountant General of the Federation; Mr Charles Ikeah, representative of the Federal Ministry of Environment; Atanda Kolawole Musiliu, representing Ministry of Petroleum Resources and Ms Aisha Umar, representing Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning.
Others are Dr M.K Mohammed, representing Federal Ministry of Works and Housing and Dr Dorothy Nwodo, representing the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, while Mr Alfred Abah, a director in the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, would serve as member/secretary.
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 5 new cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: FCTA begins decontamination of Abuja
- COVID-19: PDP tasks NASS on proposed N500bn intervention fund
- NNPC repairs vandalised pipeline at Mosan, Ipaja Lagos – LASEMA
- KDSG to prosecute anyone caught diverting food for vulnerable people – Commissioner
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Update on the Covid-19 Outbreak in Uganda
- Kaduna food distribution: Poor people not getting items – Coalition
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Notification on Situational COVID 19 Update
- COVID-19: Oyo govt to fumigate markets in the state
- Coronavirus – Kenya: Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital becomes COVID-19 facility
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa assesses progress and challenges on implementation of Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: LASG to punish officials undermining welfare programme
- Buhari condoles with Kano community over demise of 2 prominent citizens
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Lagos offers free treatment for maternity, emergency patients
- Singapore reports 75 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Gynaecologist calls for sustained antenatal, maternal care for pregnant women
- COVID-19: Bangladesh extends public transport shutdown to April 11 to contain spread
- COVID-19: Yobe Govt says suspected case negative
- Oshiomhole @ 68: APC Governors laud party chairman’s commitment to national unity
- BNSG accuses Uji, former Teachers service board boss, of financial impropriety