President Muhammadu Buhari has commended the Federal Ministry of Transportation for convincing the China civil engineering company (CECCC) to construct a university of transportation in Daura, Katsina state.
Buhari made the commendation during the ground breaking ceremony of the newly established university in Daura on Monday.
He said the university would bring rapid development to the nations transport sector as well as generate both academic and none academic employment opportunities to Nigerians.
Buhari lauded the management of the Chinese company which pledged to construct the university as part of its corporate social responsibility.
He emphasised that such efforts would enhance the existing bilateral relationship between Nigeria and China as well as encourage patronage of local content.
He said his administration had placed much priority on repositioning the transport sector especially construction of rail-lines, roads and other transport related utilities.
The President said that his administration would continue to create job opportunities through establishment of indigenous industries.
He emphasised that the federal government would facilitate establishment of the university through provision of necessary support, as the university would enable Nigeria domesticate railway engineering and transportation.
Buhari at the occasion acknowledged the cooperation and understanding of all stakeholders in implementation of federal government projects especially state governments.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the Daura University of Transportation would be constructed at the cost of N18 billion within 18 month period.
Others were Minister of Minister Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Minister of State for Education, Mr Chukwuemeka Nwajiba, Zonal Commandant zone B of the Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC), ACG Pedro Awili and his Kano and Katsina states counterparts.
Edited & Vetted By: Emmanuel Nwoye/Tukur Muntari.
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry