President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed condolence to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar over the death of a close aide, Alhaji Umar Pariya.
The President’s condolence message is contained in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Tuesday.
Adesina quoted President Buhari as saying: “I received the news of the death of your close aide, Alhaji Pariya, with a heavy heart. It is very touching to lose such a personal aide of many years.
“May Allah grant you the strength to bear the irreparable loss.
‘‘May Allah grant his family the strength to absorb the impact of this death, forgive his shortcomings and reward his good deeds in the hereafter.”
Edited by Ismail Abdulaziz
- Obaseki inspects Sobe agric farm settlement
- ICIR to launch Africa-wide fact-checking hub to tackle misinformation
- Africa: COVID-19 cases pass 1.08m as death toll surges to 24,660
- Beijing imposes mandatory mask-wearing in schools
- Cleric urges Muslim to remember death, seeks forgiveness
- Zimbabwean President Mnangagwa sacks minister over alleged misconduct
- Fedpoly Damaturu plants 10, 000 trees to secure environment
- NAPTIP takes over 33 alleged victims of human trafficking
- Bakassi council boss seeks Buhari’s intervention on resettlement
- Anambra: PDP endorses Nwobu led-state working committee