The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the late Pa Adelere, an elder statesman and commited follower of Chief Obafemi Awolowo from Iseyin Local Government Area, died on Friday, aged 90.
late frontline politician believed and worked for the progress of Iseyin, Oke-Ogun and Oyo State as a whole.
He described the deceased politician as a giant and one of the surviving disciples of the Awolowo school of thought.
“Even after the demise of the late sage and when others abandoned the Awoist camp for other political philosophy, he remained steadily on the Awo progressive track,” he said.
According to him, “I had a very good relationship with Late Pa Adelere. He was a political leader and father who produced many worthy political leaders during his life time.”
Buhari prayed that God grant the soul of the political stalwart eternal rest and reward his good deeds on earth with Aljanna Firdaous.
The lawmaker also prayed that Allah uphold all members of his family left behind.
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Lunguda/Waja unrest: Adamawa deputy governor calls for peace
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies