Abuja, Nov. 20, 2019 President Muhammadu Buhari has felicitated with former President Goodluck Jonathan on his 62nd birthday.
Buhari, in a statement by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Wednesday, joined the nation in praying for good health and strength for Jonathan to keep serving the nation.
The President rejoiced with family, friends and political associates of the former president, lauding him for good counsels to leaders within and outside Nigeria since he left office, sharing his experience of serving at different levels of governance.
According to him, the former President’s legacy of humility and patriotism will continue to resonate, inspiring generations to come on the sacrifices made for the stability of democracy and promotion of sustainable development.
The President wished the former President and his family more years of joyful celebrations.
Edited by Buhari Bolaji/Sadiya Hamza
- Dollar holds firm as United States bond yields jump
- Buhari, Governors call for joint strategy to end conflicts
- High Court convicts pirates in hijack of vessel -Navy
- Trump’s campaign feasts on Harris’ past criticisms of Biden
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 423 new cases in Nigeria
- Konta in good spirits day after health scare at Top Seed Open
- Four-goal Shakhtar Donetsk set up Europa League semi-final against Inter Milan
- Bauchi Govt. partners UNESCO on mobile learning for school children
- Sevilla reach Europa League semi-finals as Wolves pay for penalty kick miss
- Zamfara security c’tee denies resignation of members