Mr Femi Adeshina, Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, says President Muhammadu Buhari has come to make Nigeria “a country of our dreams”.
Adesina said this shortly after receiving “Man of Integrity Award on behalf of the President at the Leadership Excellence Awards 2019 organised by Igberre Television, an online medium in Abuja.
The Presidential Spokesman, therefore, urged Nigerians to emulate the exemplary leadership style of the President by placing high premium on national interest in their undertakings.
“Let’s put Nigeria first; President Muhammadu Buhari is somebody that doesn’t want anything from the country rather, he has come to give everything to the country.
“So, let all Nigerians emulate that; let’s put the country before everything.
“ When we all do that, we’ll find out that the country of our dreams will come faster than we can imagine,’’ he said.
Some of the awardees who spoke to NAN thanked the organisers for the recognition accorded them, assuring to keep doing what they were doing that earned them the awards.
Dr Godwin Maduka, a philanthropist and Medical Director of the Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Centre, was awarded the“ Man of the Year’’.
Maduka, who dedicated the award to the memory of his late parents and Nigeria youth, called on all well-meaning Nigerians to join hands and pull resources together to build the country we desire.
“Of course, you can see that I’m so excited, but my excitement is for those children in the hinterland of Nigeria, those ones that are struggling, those ones selling on the streets trying to get money to go to school.
“This is the hope, those youths that have gone to school and are trying to come back and help their parents this is for you; I am talking about all the youths of Nigeria, I want you to have hope.
“If I can go from the little village where I grew up and end up being a triple professor, end up being a double doctorate holder and end up on Harvard campus and one of the pioneer businesses in medical sciences in the US, and to come home and do this; this is for you.
“ We’re also telling all well-meaning Nigerians, wherever you come home put your resources together, let’s build this nation; we can’t leave everything for the government to do,’’ he said.
On his part, the Executive Director of Igberre TV and the host, Mr James Emeh, said the essence of the Award is to give reward good leaders in different spheres of human endeavour
“Leadership Excellence Awards organised by Igberre TV is an event that we want to use to promote good leadership, contribute to the development of the country.
“We believe, if we celebrate those who have done well others will want to follow the same path of excellence.
“The national interest should always rise above personal interest in whatever we do and that way the country will move faster, develop faster than we are today,” he said
Nigeria News Agency reports that other recipient were Senate President Ahmed Lawan, former President Goodluck Jonathan, former Speaker of House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara; Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Sen. Godswill Akpabio.
Edited & Vetted By: Shitu Obasa/Ismail Abdulaziz
- Wake-up to delivering democracy dividends, Gbadamosi urges Sanwo-Olu
- Yuletide: FRSC deploys 1,500 personnel to Kano highways
- FG commends Dangote’s $30bn domestic revenue generation drive, road constructions
- School feeding: NGO commends KDSG for setting up structures to curb corruption
- ACF condemns killing of aid workers by Boko Haram terrorists
- Adiyan Waterworks: Lagos govt. earmarks N600m to compensate property owners
- Greenwood strikes again to salvage home draw for Manchester United
- World Bank APPEALS project: 350 beneficiaries graduate in Lagos
- Shun evil, move closer to God for peace, unity to reign in Nigeria- Cleric urges Nigerians
- Bauchi: 1,000 exhibitors to participate in North East trade fair—-official
- NIDCOM boss applauds Nigerian martial artist, Usman for retaining UFC title
- Sokoto Govt. disburses N6.5m for free treatment of needy patients
- NNPC declares N5.20b trading surplus in August
- Don tasks Journalists on strict adherence to ethics
- IPCR wins 2019 Human Rights Award
- AC Milan do everything but score in extraordinary 0-0 draw
- Why Bank of Agriculture is still in distress-Minister
- Restrictions of Keke Napep, most difficult decision -FCT minister
- Wolfsburg stun Gladbach with stoppage-time winner
- Brace for record-setting Ronaldo as Juventus beat Udinese
- 2019/2020 NPFL Match Day 8 Results
- Cleric cautions against taking God’s blessings for granted
- Border closure not breaching free trade agreement, FG says
- Expert wants establishment of mini grid system to address power supply challenges
- ¬ Ondo Assembly condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Cleric tasks churches on security measures to check attacks
- Greater Lagos 2020 festival begins Dec. 25 – LASG
- Klopp says VAR has changed his touchline behaviour
- Patronise our national parks during the Yuletide — Conservator-General urges
- Osaka picks Belgian Fissette as new coach
- Buhari rejoices with ex-Gov. Ajimobi at 70
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21