The president gave the commendation while inaugurating the new headquarters of the Nigeria Prisons Service in Owerri on Thursday.
President Buhari, who was represented by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, said that the governor had practically demonstrated that he was the Chief Security Officer of Imo.
He thanked the governor and people of Imo for supporting the criminal justice system in the country.
“Let me say, on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari that I am here to inaugurate the Nigerian Prisons, Owerri.
“I congratulate Gov Okorocha for his support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in its efforts in handling the criminal Justice System.
“Your role as Chief Security Officer speaks for itself. You have done well,” Osibanjo said.
In his response, Gov. Okorocha thanked the President for permitting him to undertake a federal government project, while assuring him of the continued support of Imo people.
Osibanjo had earlier inaugurated the new Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport upon his arrival in the state.
Other projects commissioned by the Vice President on behalf of the President include the new Police Headquarters, Free Mother & Child Hospital, Rochas Foundation Road and Somto Hospital.
Edited by Maureen Atuonwu
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism