He disclosed that it was Buhari’s passion for the empowerment of the Niger Delta people that created the opportunity for BelemaOil to get OML-55 operatorship license.
“Look at the issue of OML-25 that lingered for over two years, and at the end, BelemaOil has been considered again to play critical role.
“So, I can say that President Buhari loves Kula a lot and the Niger Delta at large.
“I am from Kula and without President Buhari, the OML-55 operation license would not have been possible for BelemaOil.
“Buhari’s government made me what I am today, and with the agreement reached to be in charge of operation and maintenance of OML-25, he has empowered me more,” he added.
The Oil Mogul urged the people of Belema, Offoin-ama and Ngeje communities in Kula Kingdom and Niger Delta to always pray for the president.
“Let’s pray for President Buhari to be in good health and God to grant him wisdom and strength to govern Nigeria right,” he said.
Jack-Rich pledged that BelemaOil, under its operations and maintenance, would create employment opportunities for the host communities.
He said that SPDC would remain as the operators because they still have the license adding that communities would be satisfied through their engagement to work with SPDC.
reports that BelemaOil Producing Limited is an indigenous company founded by Mr Tein Jack-Rich, who hails from Kula Kingdom in Akuku-Toru LGA.
A joint delegation led by Mr Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr Mele Kyari, GMD of NNPC, Mr Osagie Okunbor, MD of SPDC were in Belema community for the reopening of OML-25.
Edited by Abiodun Esan/Maureen Atuonwu
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments
- Osinbajo in Ikenne, celebrates Otunba Adesina at 80
- Group wants Nigerians to imbibe waste management culture, recycling
- FG pledges to enhance operations of River Basin Development Authorities in 2020
- Soldiers clean up Ojuelegba axis of Lagos to enhance civilian/military relations
- Enugu hospital turns to pilgrimage ground as residents catch glimpse of quadruplets
- Poor Salary: Kaduna joint tertiary institution unions shelve planned strike
- NIMASA chief urges regular exercise to stay healthy, enhance productivity
- Expert urges Nigerians to imbibe savings culture
- Navy employs weight control mechanism to promote fitness
- Exhibit more political will in tackling nation’s security challenges, Cleric advises FG
- Gospel singer charges youths to start small, be humble
- Yuletide: Curfew, ban of fireworks still effective in Borno -Police