This was contained in a statement issued on Thursday in Lafia by Mr Yakubu Lamai, the governor’s Director-General, Strategic Communication and Press Affairs.
Sule hailed the judgement of the tribunal, stressing that it affirmed that Buhari was voted by Nigerians for a second term in office as against any false perception.
The governor maintained that the verdict of the tribunal reaffirmed that “truth will always triumph over falsehood”.
Sule said the judgment clearly affirmed that the electorate in Nasarawa State stood with Buhari because of his “hard earned integrity, which Nigerians will always support and protect”.
According to Sule, the verdict has affirmed that Buhari is not only eminently qualified but that he also won the 2019 presidential election and scored the majority lawful votes cast.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, had dragged Buhari to court on the grounds that the elections were marred by irregularities and substantial noncompliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.
The petitioners, had sought among other reliefs, a declaration that Atiku was the winner of the election and an order compelling INEC to issue a fresh Certificate of Return to him.
The court however dismissed all the grounds of the petition and affirmed Buhari as the winner of the polls.
Edited by Philip Dzeremo/Ismail Abdulaziz
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings