The Presidency has assured Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari will not disappoint them in this second and last term in delivery of his promises.
Malam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity stated this on Friday in Abuja.
Shehu was speaking on behalf of some aides of the President, who were given a special award of recognition ‘for their contributions in projecting a solid and impressive image of the President in the discharge of their patriotic service to the Nigerian people.’
The Presidential spokesman said the president was fully aware of the expectations of Nigerians.
He said: “The President is committed to making life better for the average Nigerian.
”At the end of the tenure, Nigerians will look back and say that they have no regrets for voting him.”
Shehu, however, solicited for the support of the media, especially young publications like The Reporters, whose platform presented the awards, in carrying out their responsibilities effectively.
“We cannot achieve this alone. We count on the support of the citizens. We count on the support of the media, particularly up and coming publications like yours and we are also assuring you of our cooperation when you call on us,” he said.
The Chairman of the publication, Abdullahi Sabiu, said the awards were given to the Presidential aides after a careful assessment of their roles in the sustenance of the Buhari administration.
Other aides of the President given certificates of recognition were; Mr Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity; Ambassador Lawal Abdullahi Kazaure, State Chief of Protocol; and Bayo Omoboriowo, Personal Photographer to the President.
Edited by Felix Ajide
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study