Champions Bayern Munich crushed fellow title contenders Borussia Dortmund 4-0 on Saturday with two goals from top scorer Robert Lewandowski.
The victory helped Bayern climb back into third place and give interim coach Hansi Flick an impressive Bundesliga debut.
Lewandowski kept up his sensational scoring run, netting in the 17th and 76th minutes to take his league tally to 16 goals.
He has now scored in each of the 11 league games this season, a Bundesliga record.
Serge Gnabry was also on target as was Dortmund defender Mats Hummels who capped a disastrous performance by the visitors with an 80th-minute own goal.
Bayern move up to 21 points, third on goal difference behind RB Leipzig, 4-2 winners at Hertha Berlin.
Leaders Borussia Moenchengladbach entertain Werder Bremen on Sunday. Dortmund dropped to fifth on 19.
Edited by Joseph Edeh/Felix Ajide
Watch Live News
- LUTH admits 4 COVID-19 patients- CMAC
- COVID-19: FCT discharges 7 patients, 39 set to follow – Minister
- COVID-19: Abia Govt. begins distribution of food, cash to indigent persons
- R. Kelly loses bid to leave detention over coronavirus
- COVID-19: Abia govt extends lockdown
- COVID-19: Kwara govt lockdown Offa LG
- COVID-19: 2 test positive, in isolation, says Oyo Task Force
- PDP calls for policy statement on subsidy removal
- EU wants to help Africa, others fight coronavirus with €15 bn
- Yobe Aluminum, Flour, Feeds factories begin production