The police on Tuesday arraigned a 27-year-old bus conductor, Wisdom Udoh, in a Grade I Area Court Nyaya, sitting in Mpape, Abuja, for allegedly stealing row of Rothmans cigarette svalued at N2, 300.
Udoh of Mpape area of Abuja, is charged with theft.
The Prosecutor, Noel Omeje, told the court that one Ugwu Casmir, of Crush Rock Market, Mpape, reported the matter at the Mpape Police Station, on May 9.
Omeje said that the complainant reported that the defendant allegedly stole a row of cigarettes valued at N2, 300.
He said that during a search, the rows of cigarette was recovered from the defendant.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 288 of the Penal Code.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Judge, Abdullahi Ogedemgbe, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum.
Ogedembe adjourned the case until June 18, for further hearing.
- FG begins feasibility study for Brass Shipyard project
- Judicial system integrity pivotal to all spheres of society -Osinbajo
- INEC appoints new REC, Administrative Secretary for Bayelsa
- Katsina State Govt urges communities to provide intelligence information on banditry, criminal activities
- Human rights activist calls for action to stop killings in Southern Kaduna
- Expert urges shipowners to negotiate with AMCON to forestall foreclosure
- FG spends N14bn on CCT, school feeding in Jigawa within 29 months
- PDP supporters in Dogara’s hometown defect to APC, say former Speaker, their ‘political godfather’
- Rotary Club plant trees against climate change impact in Abuja
- NiDCOM chief mourns basketball player, Michael Ojo