Business woman drags customer to court over N11,700 debt.
Kaduna, March 4, 2019(NNN) A business woman, Gaje Abubakar, on Monday dragged one of her customers, Hindatu Mai-gyada, to a Sharia Court in Magajin Gari, Kaduna, for allegedly refusing to pay N11,700 owed by her.
Abubakar, who resides at Unguwan Rimi area of Kaduna, said that she sold groundnuts worth N11,700 to the defendant based on an agreement that she would pay after she had resold the groundnuts.
The complainant told the court the defendant reneged on the agreement for almost 12 months.
Besides, she said Mai-gyada had stopped buying groundnuts from her.
In her defence, Mai-gyada said she was aware of the amount and had the intention of fulfilling the agreement.
She told the court that her brother was, however, in court to pay the debt.
The Judge, Malam Dahiru Lawal, ordered that one Adamu, who is her brother, should be brought forward.
Adamu promptly paid the N11,700 to the court and another N3,000 being the court expenses incurred by the complainant.(NNN)
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study