A businessman, Jide Filani, on Wednesday appeared before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly slapping another man publicly.
Filani, who resides at No. 4, Engineering Road, Maplewood Estate, Oko- Oba, Agege, Lagos, is facing a charge of assault.
He, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Ishola Samuel, told the court that Filani committed the offence on Dec.10, 2018 at his residence.
“Filani assaulted the complainant, Mr Damilare Lawal, by slapping him in the public severally, pushing him till he fell down and injuring his head and hand during a disagreement,” Samuel told the court.
Samuel said the offence contravened Section 172 of Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Magistrate, F.O. Hughes, granted Filani a bail of N20, 000 with one surety in like sum.
Hughes said that the surety must reside within the court’s jurisdiction and should be gainfully employed with evidence of tax payment to Lagos State Government.
She adjourned the case until May 27, for further hearing.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse