A businessman, Munir Ahmed, on Wednesday dragged his neighbour before a Sharia Court ll sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, for selling him a stolen car.
Alhasan, told the court that his client bought a ”Galaxy Ford”, from Abdullahi and later discovered that the car was a stolen vehicle.
He also told the court that the police has confiscated the vehicle.
“We are praying the court to recover the money for us or to retrieve all the items we mentioned which my client put in,” he said.
The defendant, a businessman, who resides on Numan road, Kaduna, accepted the charges against him.
Abdullahi said: ”after the police confiscated the car, we calculated all the money he spent on the car and it amounted to N330,000. I paid him in installments in a court.
“I was the one who collected the car from him and handed it over to the police. I have witnesses that can testify to this”.
After listening to both parties, the Judge, Murtala Nasir, adjourned the case until Aug. 8 and ordered both parties to produce their witnesses . .
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA