Abuja, June 11, 2019 A Kubwa Grade1 Area Court in Abuja, on Tuesday sentenced one Aisha Lima to seven months in prison for cheating three women of N425, 000.
The Judge, Ibrahim Balarabe, however gave Lima an option of N30, 000 fine and ordered her to pay compensation of N425, 000 to the complainants, Zuwaira Usman, Harira Musa and Zalihar Dahiru.
He warned Lima to desist from crime and be of good behaviour.
Lima was convicted and sentenced for criminal breach of trust and cheating.
The prosecutor, Babajide Olanipekun, had told the court that the complainants reported the matter at the Deidei Police Station on June 10.
He said that Lima went to the houses of the complainants and bought food stuff from them in May with a promise to pay in three weeks.
Olanipekun said that Lima sold the food items and realised N425, 000, but converted the money to her use.
He told the court that the offence contravened Sections 312 and 322 of the Penal Code.
Lima pleaded guilty and begged the court for time to raise the amount, saying that she had a farm in Masaka, Nasarawa State, of good value.
Edited by Ifeyinwa Okonkwo and Olisa Ifeajika
- NITDA presents national outsourcing strategy to stakeholders
- Ogun set to resume normal business, eases lockdown
- Northern Governors congratulate Masari @70
- Austria to pay artists 1,000 euros a month to weather Covid-19 crisis
- Akande emerges Chairman of Ibadan LG Properties Company
- Buhari hails Consul-General Godwin Adama at 60
- Navy appoints 110 senior officers
- Labour, Civil Society flays deduction of salaries of workers, pensioners by Kaduna Govt, other States
- Gov Okowa’s wife donates food items to 5 correctional centres
- COVID-19: We’ve yet to receive promised ventilators from U.S. – Minister
- OYO APC inaugurates Alao-Akala led reconciliation committee
- Ibadan Poly manufactures ventilator, hand washing machine
- COVID-19: NCDC striving to increase PCR capacity for testing across Nigeria – DG
- FG approves police reorganisation, additional department, zonal commands
- COVID-19: NYSC corps members to wed by 5 a.m to avoid crowd
- COVID19: PTF to conclude assessment in 70 hours
- Sokoto, other attacks: Buhari directs fierce military operations
- Lagos Govt. to begin construction of Fashion Hub, Academy in Ikorodu
- May 29: PMB, Gov. Sule addressing developmental challenges – Speaker
- Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 13km Abakpa-Emene link road