Dr Betta Edu, the Director General of the state Primary Healthcare Development Agency, said this on Wednesday in Calabar during a visit to the Commissioner for Education, Mr Goddy Eta.
According to Edu, the visit was to seek support and collaboration by intimating principals and students about the exercise.
She explained that the exercise would take place between March 27 and March 31 in 12 local government areas across the three Senatorial Districts in the state.
She said that Gov. Ben Ayade was committed to ensuring increased quality of life for residents of the state.
“Gov. Ayade of the state places premium on the health of all residents in Cross River because he is a pro-health governor.
“Tetanus is a disease that the Federal and State Governments can eliminate with a committed effort.
“This administration will continue to support maternal neonatal tetanus elimination and elimination of other diseases that has increased neonatal mortality.
“We strive to make tremendous impacts on women and children; we implore the people to take full advantage of this intervention package,” Edu said.
Responding, Eta urged health workers to be diligent in their duties for success of government programmes.
He assured the agency of his support by ensuring that all schools are open for health workers during the period.
“I will give my utmost support to this exercise because a child that is healthy will live a super healthy life and will perform exceedingly well in school,’’ he said.
- Court sentences hairdresser to 3 months in prison for stealing shoes
- Gunmen kill 3 policemen in Kaduna LG
- Kaduna Govt takes over medical bills of woman locked up for 2 years by brother
- LUTH CMD reiterates commitment to efficient service delivery
- Housewife drags husband to court, seeks divorce over alleged rape
- MainOne’s CEO advocates broadband penetration for devt of digital economy
- APC heads to Appeal Court over disqualification of Deputy Governorship candidate
- Erdogan meets Trump at White House at testing time for U.S.-Turkey ties
- Nationwide Handball League: We’re confident of winning, says Anambra Coach
- Police recruitment: Court adjourns for PSC to respond to AGF’s application
- EU’s Juncker set to leave intensive care after aneurysm operation
- FRSC urges public to assist victims of road traffic crashes
- Man drags friend’s ex fiancée to court over alleged criminal intimidation, defamation
- Former Springboks coach Meyer steps down at Stade Francais
- Probably my best ever, says Thiem after Djokovic win
- Xhaka deserves respect, says former Arsenal skipper Vieira
- Group blames obsolete equipment for incessant collapse of national grid
- Gov. Ikpeazu urges Abia indigenes in South Africa to identify with state’s industrial revolution
- Court sentences truck driver to 2 years in prison for smuggling rice
- Bauchi Govt, MaxAir sign MOU on air transport services