The update of the contribution as at April 6, was made known in a document released by Mr Isaac Okorafor, Director, Communications of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Abuja on Monday.
The document showed that Modupe and Florunsho Alakija, Mike Adenuga and Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) made donation of one billion naira each.
Nigeria News Agency reports that CBN and Aliko Dangote were so far the highest contributors of two billion naira each.
Abdul Samad Rabiu (BUA Sugar Refinery), Segun Agbaje (GTB), Tony Elumelu (UBA), Oba Otudeko (First Bank), Jim Ovia (Zenith Bank), Herbert Wigwe (Access Bank) and Femi Otedola of Amperion Power Distribution donated one billion naira each to the fund.
Also Deji Adeleke of Pacific Holding Ltd made N500 million donation.
It will also be recalled that Union Bank Plc, Sterling Bank Plc, Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Citi Bank Nigeria Ltd, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, ECOBank, African Steel Mills donated N250 million each and Multichoice Nigeria Limited contributed N200 million among others.
Edited By: Donald Ugwu
- 2,355 new COVID-19 infections detected in Qatar, total 55,262
- UK House of Commons urged to continue virtual meetings amid COVID-19 threat
- India enters Lockdown Phase 5 till June 30
- SADC set to turn COVID-19 challenge into opportunity of emboldening industrialization
- Survey shows 75 pct of schools in rural Zambia not ready to reopen
- 5.5-magnitude quake hits 196 km SE of Sarangani, Philippines — USGS
- Philippines reports 590 new COVID-19 cases, total exceeds 17,000
- Ethiopia’s COVID-19 cases surpass 1,000 as 95 new cases confirmed
- Edo primary: APC Chieftain urges members against causing disaffection
- Juju musicians salute Shina Peters at 62
- Online exhibition of drawings by children from SCO countries opens in Tashkent
- Residents laud Gov. Zulum’s achievements in Borno in 1 year
- Stakeholders mourn ex-NNPC GMD, Baru
- COVID-19 cases in Belarus rise to 41,658
- Anniversary: Kwara artisans appeal to Gov. AbdulRasaq for revolving loan
- Kogi primary healthcare launches website to boost service delivery
- Spotlight: UK consumer behaviour shifts amid coronavirus lockdown
- Kenya to enforce ban on single-use plastics in protected areas
- Serbia firmly supports China in safeguarding national sovereignty, security regarding Hong Kong, Vucic tells Xi in letter
- Vietnam’s COVID-19 cases increase to 328