Rangers International Football Club of Enugu on Sunday lost 3-1 to Pyramid Football Club of Egypt in the ongoing Confederation African Football (CAF) group stage match.
Rangers took the lead in the 28th minute from Ibrahim Olawoyin but had Tope Olusesi red carded before the interval.
Rangers’ goal lasted after the interval till Mohammed Salama levelled things for the visitor in the 57th minute from the penalty spot.
Mohammed Eldin made it 2-1 for the visitors in the 86th minute before Islam Attia rounded it 3-1 in the 90th minute of the match.
In his reaction, Rangers Coach, Salisu Yusuf said that his players did well but needed to believe in themselves.
”We were doing well until the red card to Tope Olusesi. The technical crew is going to work on that before our next match,” he said.
Pyramid Coach, Sebastine Desabre said that they met a strong team in Rangers but took their chances once it came.
”Rangers was up to the game until they were reduced to ten men and they slacked back,” Desabre said.
The Flying Antelopes captain, Uwadiegwu Ugwu said that they did well and would keep improving.
He noted that the technical crew really improved the team and believed that they would do better when the technical crew handled them subsequently.
Rangers will next week travel to Egypt to play another North African team, Al Masry Soccer Club.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Rangers technical crew was sacked last week after three consecutive losses.
Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Salisu Yusufu took over the team barely one week to the CAF tournament.
Edited & Vetted By: Maureen Atuonwu
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes
- Sudan: Al-Bashir questioned over 1989 coup that brought him to power
- FG launches N46.83bn agric. scheme in 9 oil producing states
- Zambia gov’t says ready for talks to abolish death penalty
- Oyo govt. reinstates 300 sacked workers
- CBi launches National Integrity Barometer to tackle corruption