“With the increasing demand for a return to peace in the two war-torn English speaking regions, rampant kidnappings in the mountainous region of Adamawa
“And terror threats from Boko Haram in the Far North region, parliamentarians are under pressure to address the issues.’’
“The constituents want us to discuss about these issues and find a solution.
“We look forward to addressing security constraints especially in the Anglophone regions that are going through difficult times. This session gives us that opportunity.” parliament member, Charles Moki, said.
“The continuous killings, arson acts, looting and abuse of human rights have caused sleepless nights to me, [it’s] reason why we decided to come out with a peace path.
“We hope that this session of parliament discusses about this and find a peaceful solution to the crisis,” according to parliament member, Francis Abi, who heads a civil movement to seek peace in Anglophone regions.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business