Capacity building: Pakistani Navy Chief visits Nigeria April 29
Abuja, April 28, 2019 The Nigerian Navy (NN) says the Chief of Naval Staff, Pakistan Navy, Admiral Zafar Abbasi, will pay a two-day official visit to Nigeria from April 29 to May 1.
Navy spokesman, Commodore Suleman Dahun, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
Dahun said the visit was in line with the ongoing efforts to foster cooperation with navies of allied countries, especially in the areas of capacity building and mutual cooperation between the Pakistan Navy and the Nigerian Navy.
He said during the visit, Abbasi would hold bilateral discussions with the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Adm. Ibok-Ete Ibas.
He said that Abbasi would also visit the Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, as well as the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin.
“Thereafter, Abbasi will proceed to Lagos to visit NNS QUORRA, Western Naval Command and Naval Dockyard Limited,” the spokesman said.
- Farmer decries seizure of vehicles conveying agro-produce across state borders
- Buhari Administration fifth anniversary factsheet – by Presidency
- 10 NYSC members to repeat service in Kano – Coordinator
- Driver in court for reckless driving, causing an accident
- Address water scarcity affecting Agboyi-Ketu Community, residents urge Gov Sanwo-Olu
- FG declares 7 LGAs in Katsina, Benue Open-Defecation-free
- Madrid’s famed museums to reopen in early June
- Sweden’s special care homes for elderly see dramatic rise in deaths in April: report
- Kwara records 6 new cases of COVID-19
- Oyo Assembly confirms Aderemi as President of Customary Court of Appeal
- UAE reports 563 new COVID-19 cases, 32,532 in total
- COVID-19: Catholic JDPC donates food items to 1,500 vulnerable households in Plateau.
- ICC asks Palestine for legal explanation over abolishing all agreements with Israel
- Gov. Abiodun has changed Ogun narrative — Monarch
- ICU admissions for COVID-19 would have tripled in Portugal without confinement: study
- Buhari greets Gov. Aminu Masari at 70
- COVID-19: Embrace backyard farming to avoid hunger – agric economist tells Nigerians
- National Day of Mourning: CSOs in Kwara seek end to incessant killings
- Feature: Released Taliban prisoners look forward to peace in Afghanistan
- Businessman begs court not to grant wife’s prayer for divorce