A Minna Magistrates’ Court on Thursday ordered the remand of a 25-year-old carpenter, Masa’udu Abubakar, in prison, pending his sentencing for stealing aluminum zinc.
The Magistrates, Mrs Binta Rijau, remanded Abubakar afer he pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy, criminal trespass, mischief and stealing.
Rijau adjourned the case until Sept. 3 for review of facts and sentence.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp. Thomas Peter, told the court that Mr Ibrahim Jibrin of Kangiwa, Minna reported the case at the police station on Aug. 16.
Peter said the defendant and one person still at large, entered the house of the complainant and stole three pieces of zinc valued at N5000.
When the charges were read to the defendant, he pleaded guilty and begged the court for leniency.
This prompted the prosecutor to ask the court to try him summarily in line with the provisions of Section 157 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
- FG begins feasibility study for Brass Shipyard project
- Judicial system integrity pivotal to all spheres of society -Osinbajo
- INEC appoints new REC, Administrative Secretary for Bayelsa
- Katsina State Govt urges communities to provide intelligence information on banditry, criminal activities
- Human rights activist calls for action to stop killings in Southern Kaduna
- Expert urges shipowners to negotiate with AMCON to forestall foreclosure
- FG spends N14bn on CCT, school feeding in Jigawa within 29 months
- PDP supporters in Dogara’s hometown defect to APC, say former Speaker, their ‘political godfather’
- Rotary Club plant trees against climate change impact in Abuja
- NiDCOM chief mourns basketball player, Michael Ojo