The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has inaugurated a locally built auxiliary power unit test stand for its C-130H Aircraft fleet.
Speaking during the inauguration at the auxiliary power unit test stand at 631 Aircraft Maintenance Depot (ACMD), Ikeja, Sadique said that the project would sustain the operations of C-130H Aircraft fleet.
“The commissioning of the auxiliary power unit test stand which is another innovative project required for sustaining the operations of C-130H Aircraft fleet,” he said.
He said that the innovation was in line with the Nigeria Air Force (NAF) commitment to reinforce the culture of self-reliance by inculcating the attitude of prudent management of resources.
“This innovation by the personnel of 631 ACMD is in line with our commitment to reinforce the culture of self-reliance by inculcating the attitude of prudent management of resources.
“And the promotion of research development.You would agree with me that the world is ever evolving and that engineers play a critical role in providing technological solutions to operational problems,” he said.
He urged the engineers not to rest on their oars by working hard to provide innovations and affordable solutions to aircraft maintenance challenges.
“You must explore a good mix of knowledge with innovative ideas and creativity to sustain an acceptable aircraft serviceability status that will support NAF operations.
“I would like to implore our engineers to continuously strive to keep pace with the ever changing technological advancement in the world and daily aircraft maintenance challenges,” he said.
The CAS said that the use of the equipment would save the country huge foreign exchange, saying that it has re-positioned the depot for better service delivery.
“It is quite important to note that our modest accomplishment, so far, has greatly enhanced the serviceability of aircraft,” he said.
Abubakar commended President Muhammadu Buhari on the confidence reposed on the NAF and the National Assembly, while he pledged commitment to greater output.
He also commended the Air Officer Commanding (AOC), Logistics Command, AirForce base, Ikeja, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Abdulganiyu Olabisi, for his leadership.
In his speech, AVM Moses Onilede, the Commander of 631 ACMD, said that the gathering of the auxiliary power unit was totally fabricated in the workshops, saying that it was multipurpose know nature.
He added that most of the parts used were sourced locally,saying that there was no foreign assistance during the design and fabrication of the test stand.
Edited & Vetted By: Wale Ojetimi
- Wake-up to delivering democracy dividends, Gbadamosi urges Sanwo-Olu
- Yuletide: FRSC deploys 1,500 personnel to Kano highways
- FG commends Dangote’s $30bn domestic revenue generation drive, road constructions
- School feeding: NGO commends KDSG for setting up structures to curb corruption
- ACF condemns killing of aid workers by Boko Haram terrorists
- Adiyan Waterworks: Lagos govt. earmarks N600m to compensate property owners
- Greenwood strikes again to salvage home draw for Manchester United
- World Bank APPEALS project: 350 beneficiaries graduate in Lagos
- Shun evil, move closer to God for peace, unity to reign in Nigeria- Cleric urges Nigerians
- Bauchi: 1,000 exhibitors to participate in North East trade fair—-official
- NIDCOM boss applauds Nigerian martial artist, Usman for retaining UFC title
- Sokoto Govt. disburses N6.5m for free treatment of needy patients
- NNPC declares N5.20b trading surplus in August
- Don tasks Journalists on strict adherence to ethics
- IPCR wins 2019 Human Rights Award
- AC Milan do everything but score in extraordinary 0-0 draw
- Why Bank of Agriculture is still in distress-Minister
- Restrictions of Keke Napep, most difficult decision -FCT minister
- Wolfsburg stun Gladbach with stoppage-time winner
- Brace for record-setting Ronaldo as Juventus beat Udinese
- 2019/2020 NPFL Match Day 8 Results
- Cleric cautions against taking God’s blessings for granted
- Border closure not breaching free trade agreement, FG says
- Expert wants establishment of mini grid system to address power supply challenges
- ¬ Ondo Assembly condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Cleric tasks churches on security measures to check attacks
- Greater Lagos 2020 festival begins Dec. 25 – LASG
- Klopp says VAR has changed his touchline behaviour
- Patronise our national parks during the Yuletide — Conservator-General urges
- Osaka picks Belgian Fissette as new coach
- Buhari rejoices with ex-Gov. Ajimobi at 70
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21