Bishop Augustine Ukwuoma of the Catholic Diocese of Orlu on Friday stressed the need for parents to give good moral and religious teachings to their children.
Ukwuoma gave the advice during the funeral mass for the late Mrs Beatrice Dike at Umuozu in Nwangele Local Government Area of Imo.
He said that it was through good Christian and religious teachings and upbringing that the nation would move forward.
Ukwuoma paid glowing tributes to late Dike, describing her as a “pillar of the Catholic Church and worthy ambassador of God and her community.
“The deceased and her late husband, Justin, spent their time, talents and treasure in the service of God and humanity.’’
He advised parents to always encourage their children to show serious commitment to the things of God as that would make them gain eternal life.
In his sermon, Rev. Fr. Felix Uluchi said that those who died in the Lord would rise again in Christ.
Uluchi, former Parish Priest, St. Anthony Catholic Church, Umuozu, said Beatrice Dike lived an exemplary, innovative, bold and courageous life.
In an interview, one of the sons of the deceased |Chief Uche Dike, described his mother as a firm believer in the doctrines of Christianity and was generousity personified.
He advised young mothers to emulate good virtues of their parents, especially, humility and patience.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy