The Catholic Diocese of Enugu has announced the death of its priest, Rev. Fr. Joachim Cabanyes, following Coronavirus complications at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) isolation centre.
Rev. Fr. Nkemjika Igweshi, Secretary to Most Rev. Callistus Onaga, Bishop of Enugu Diocese, made the disclosure in a statement issued to newsmen in Enugu on Saturday.
“He was such a nice, easy-going, cordial, generous, prayerful, and dedicated pastor.
“He hailed from Spain, but loved our people so much and always attended our diocesan functions.
“His body has just been laid to rest, following the NCDC guidelines.
Igweshi, who is also the Chaplain of St. Lucy Chaplaincy, Emene, near Enugu, prayed that Fr. Cabanyes soul rest in perfect peace.
Edited By: Angela Okisor/Ejike Obeta (NAN)
- More than 200,000 left homeless by Beirut explosion, governor says
- Moghalu denies joining APC
- Man docked for allegedly assaulting ex-wife
- Russia: Bridge being built by military forces collapses, injuring l18
- 3 gymnasts get scholarship to US-based gymnastics camp
- Delta Commissioner expresses satisfaction over students’ turnout
- Dutch court questions Polish judicial reforms, asks EU judges to rule
- COVID-19: Company supports Nigerians with N5m worth software on geographic data monitoring
- Gardener docked for allegedly defiling 11-year-old fish hawker
- Protesting college workers, security clash in Benin