No fewer than 10,000 small and medium scale entrepreneurs in Maru/Bungudu federal constituency of Zamfara are expected to benefit from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) soft loan to develop their businesses.
Alhaji Shehu Ahmed, the federal lawmaker representing the constituency, stated this on Monday in Bungudu at the business skills training for the targeted beneficiaries.
Ahmed, represented by an aide, Alhaji Musa Umar, said he had entered into collaboration with the CBN to develop the capacity of entrepreneurs in the area, especially those involved in small and medium scale businesses.
“The CBN has already approved to give soft loans to beneficiaries from my constituency through the partnership of my empowerment project.
“My target is to empower up to 10,000 beneficiaries from this area. Each beneficiary can access up to N10 million as loan from the CBN.
“We are gathered to train 210 beneficiaries as first set of this programme on how to access the loan from the CBN.
“The participants were selected from 21 wards of the constituency,” the lawmaker said.
According to him, in each of the 11 wards of Bungudu and 10 wards of Maru local government areas, 10 beneficiaries have been selected for the training.
“This is the first batch of beneficiaries for the training; we will continue to train our people in batches for them to benefit from the programme,’’ he added.
Earlier, the Wife of the Lawmaker, Hajiya Fatima Shehu said the beneficiaries comprised both males and females across all ages.
Hajiya Fatima said that the participants would be trained in various skills such as shoe and and bag making, disinfectant and liquid soap making, room freshener and shampoo making among others.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the training was an initiative of two NGOs, Fulbe Care Initiative and RASAAB Nigeria Limited.
Edited & Vetted By: Bayo Sekoni/Tukur Muntari.
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments