Chelsea were fined 600,000 Swiss francs (453,404.9 pounds) and sanctioned in February in relation to 29 cases where regulations relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18 were breached.
“The FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to partially uphold the appeal lodged by Chelsea FC against the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee to sanction the club with a ban on registering new players at both national and international level for the next two complete and consecutive registration periods,” FIFA said in a statement.
“This ban applied to the club as a whole – with the exception of the women’s and futsal teams – and did not prevent the release of players.”
The FIFA Appeal Committee however decided the club can still sign players under the age of 16 as they concluded imposing a ban on registering each and every minor “would not be proportionate to the offence committed”.
- Gov. Obiano inaugurates 16-member committee for public procurements
- AfDB: Obasanjo, Jonathan, 13 other African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Brazilian Economy Ministry predicts greater GDP decline in second quarter
- English Premier League says using “home and away’’ venues remains its wish
- Police deploy 5,200 personnel for LG polls in Benue
- Federer is world’s highest-paid athlete, Forbes says
- La Liga season returns on June 11
- U.S. Illinois reopens as “stay-at-home” order ends
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 2 Indians
- 5.2-magnitude quake hits Whitianga of New Zealand: USGS
- Chile’s COVID-19 cases surpass 90,000
- Air Peace evacuates 301 Chinese from Nigeria
- Egypt sees highest single-day hike of COVID-19 deaths, infections
- 1st Anniversary: Sanwo-Olu virtually inaugurates 18 projects across Lagos
- AfDB: African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- Daily COVID-19 deaths hit one-week low in France
- NYC expected to start phased reopening on June 8, says New York governor
- Turkey’s drillship sails off to Black Sea for new mission
- Communal crisis: Igbo leader warns youths against land grabbing