Children make 60 pct of persons in need of assistance, says UNICEF
“The UNICEF and Afghanistan Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) have jointly launched a workshop on child Protection Emergencies Operational Strategy
“They are being disproportionately affected by armed conflicts and severe natural disasters.
“The main aim of the workshop was to address the critical needs and response priorities of children in need of care and protection during and beyond emergencies,’’ the agency said.
Deputy Minister of Labour and Social Affairs Ghulam Haidar Jelani said that they would bridge the gap between humanitarian and development nexus.
“They will also address the critical needs and response priorities of children in need of care and protection during and beyond emergencies,’’ Jelani said.
Meanwhile, acting Representative for UNICEF Afghanistan Sheema Sen Gupta affirmed UNICEF’s commitment to continue working tirelessly with the Afghan government to improve the lives of children.
Gupta added that the strategy was vital for children in the country.
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC