China welcomes foreign investors to invest in the country’s household service sector and enjoy development opportunities, the Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said on Wednesday.
Xian Guoyi, Director with Department of Trade in Services and Commercial Services under MOC said this during an online press briefing.
He added that household service sector was not included in the negative list for foreign investment implemented in China.
Xian explained that foreign enterprises can register and set up household service companies in the country in accordance with relevant procedures, the same as Chinese enterprises.
He said that the household service sector in China had great development potentials, as demands for multi-layered and diversified domestic services grew strong.
He said such home-based services as elderly care, childcare, cooking and cleaning are in high demand due to a larger aging population in the country and implementation of policies to encourage childbirth.
Currently, China’s household service industry is picking up pace of work resumption amid efforts to shore up the sector.
As of the end of June, the work resumption rate of the industry had reached over 90 per cent.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Foundation gets N23m United States-based Hospital’s equipment for Plateau
- Belgrade-based Nigerian basketballer dies after collapsing during training
- Al-Qaeda penetration alert: FG appeals to developed nations on needed platforms
- Nasarawa by-election: Police command deploys 491 personnel
- Lagos: Health Service Commission staff bags 2019 excellent Award
- Mrs El-Rufai canvasses public support for exclusive breastfeeding
- Making strong, safe LPG cylinders locally, my greatest joy, says industrialist
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- U.N. agencies scramble to support Beirut blast victims
- FCT court convicts Naira Marley for violation of Covid-19 protocol