Zhou Shu, former Director of Transportation Department of northwest China’s Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for taking bribes.
According to the Intermediate People’s Court of Guyuan, Zhou took bribes 65 times with a total of over 17.2 million yuan ($2.43 million) when he was on the position.
The court said Zhou took advantage of his position and illegally accepted other people’s bribes to help them seek profits.
However, all the bribes have been seized and will be confiscated, according to the court.
The court also fined Zhou four million yuan besides the 13-year imprisonment.
Edited by Hadiza Mohammed/Abdulfatah Babatunde
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study