The Hebei Province Investors of People’s Republic of China on Monday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a Nigerian firm, Zvecan Consulting and Engineering Ltd for the construction of 5200 housing units in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The MoU will see the Chinese investors carrying out business in Nigeria’s infrastructure, health, solid minerals, mines, and agriculture sectors.
Speaking during the MoU-signing ceremony in Abuja, Mr Li Kai Ying, Executive President of Hebei International Investment Promotion Association, told the Nigeria News Agency that China remained committed to achieving targets.
According to him, the meeting will increase and improve trade agreements and bilateral relations between the two countries.
Li said, “On behalf of Hebei province, we are so pleased to be in Nigeria and we are amazed by the infrastructures on the ground.
“We have brought more than 18 delegates from China that cut across various industries, such as manufacturing, investments, the medical profession, and so on.
“We are here to look out for opportunities in the Nigerian market because the country is the most populous in the continent of Africa.
“So the more people make up the population the bigger the market.
“So if we really want to come into the African market, Nigeria will be our first choice.
“We feel so impressed by what we have seen so far and we are happy with the organisers and government’s willingness to encourage Chinese investors to invest in Nigeria.”
Also speaking, Mr Mohammed Sadiq, Bauchi State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, who also signed an MoU on solid minerals and agriculture, said the agreement would further deepen their trade relations.
According to him, they have brought investors that are relevant to key areas of our state.
“We are very interested and we look forward to more robust economic collaborations.
“There are laws put in place by the Federal Government which I think are good enough for investment to thrive.
“I urge the investors to explore platforms provided by the government to their advantage.
“Bauchi is naturally endowed with a lot of natural and materials resources.
“We are looking up to a mutual collaboration to harness this to our advantage,” the commissioner said.
He further said that the MoU would help improve not just the state’s agriculture, but also food production capacity and security in Nigeria at large.
Engr. Nicholas Ogbedo, Managing Director, Zvecan Engineering and Consulting Ltd said that the organisation through collaboration with Hebei Province investors would deliver affordable houses and roads in the mining sector.
According to him, the MoU is in the agricultural sector, which deals with the exportation of Nigerian products to China.
“It also includes the mining sector, which will be centered on the technological aspect of mining.
“The MoU involves the collaboration of the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment and with this, it will help expand our job capacity and technological knowledge transfer,” he said.
(Edited /Emmanuel Yashim)
- Wake-up to delivering democracy dividends, Gbadamosi urges Sanwo-Olu
- Yuletide: FRSC deploys 1,500 personnel to Kano highways
- FG commends Dangote’s $30bn domestic revenue generation drive, road constructions
- School feeding: NGO commends KDSG for setting up structures to curb corruption
- ACF condemns killing of aid workers by Boko Haram terrorists
- Adiyan Waterworks: Lagos govt. earmarks N600m to compensate property owners
- Greenwood strikes again to salvage home draw for Manchester United
- World Bank APPEALS project: 350 beneficiaries graduate in Lagos
- Shun evil, move closer to God for peace, unity to reign in Nigeria- Cleric urges Nigerians
- Bauchi: 1,000 exhibitors to participate in North East trade fair—-official
- NIDCOM boss applauds Nigerian martial artist, Usman for retaining UFC title
- Sokoto Govt. disburses N6.5m for free treatment of needy patients
- NNPC declares N5.20b trading surplus in August
- Don tasks Journalists on strict adherence to ethics
- IPCR wins 2019 Human Rights Award
- AC Milan do everything but score in extraordinary 0-0 draw
- Why Bank of Agriculture is still in distress-Minister
- Restrictions of Keke Napep, most difficult decision -FCT minister
- Wolfsburg stun Gladbach with stoppage-time winner
- Brace for record-setting Ronaldo as Juventus beat Udinese
- 2019/2020 NPFL Match Day 8 Results
- Cleric cautions against taking God’s blessings for granted
- Border closure not breaching free trade agreement, FG says
- Expert wants establishment of mini grid system to address power supply challenges
- ¬ Ondo Assembly condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Cleric tasks churches on security measures to check attacks
- Greater Lagos 2020 festival begins Dec. 25 – LASG
- Klopp says VAR has changed his touchline behaviour
- Patronise our national parks during the Yuletide — Conservator-General urges
- Osaka picks Belgian Fissette as new coach
- Buhari rejoices with ex-Gov. Ajimobi at 70
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21