China’s envoy to Britain on Wednesday said those who see China as a hostile state have got it all wrong and cautioned European Union states not to interfere in China’s domestic affairs over Hong Kong.
“Those who see China as systematic rival or as a potentially hostile state have got it all wrong, they have chosen the wrong target and they are heading in the wrong direction,” Amb. Liu Xiaoming told the Centre for European Reform.
Liu said that China has never interfered in other countries’ internal affairs and we strongly oppose interference in China’s internal affairs by any country.
He added that the security law had been “warmly welcomed by Hong Kong residents”.
The ambassador said that some European politicians had made “irresponsible” comments on the law.
`Stop interferring in Hong Kong’s affairs,” Liu said.
Edited By: Abiodun Oluleye/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others